Timing Chain

CMF_Joyce Clark

» CMF Member
My Micra is 56 and has done 17,000 miles and I've been told I need to replace the timing chain at a cost of £1250. This is by the local Nissan dealer. I've had the car serviced by a Nissan deal every year since I got it. Is this normal?

CMF_CENTI

» CMF Member
my engine is CG10DE, do these have timing chain issues? I can hear ticking noise from the engine during start up in the mornings...however once the engine heats up, no more ticking sound can be heard...is this a symptom of timing chain stretch?

CMF_Mike R

» CMF Member
I agree , if the engine is quiet once warmed up there is nothing to worry about . mine has a good chain rattle at start up and ticks and chunners till its hot .. and I have just ragged it round the Welsh Snowdon passes for 2 days with no problems !!!

CMF_CENTI

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"CENTI WROTE:<BR><BR>"my engine is CG10DE, do these have timing chain issues? "</DIV><BR><BR>the clue is in the "CR" bit centi :)<BR>they have a single long hyvo type chain (yours has 2 conventional ones)

ok thanks sir Frank, I guess I could now sleep soundly at night with the minor ticking sound of my engine during start up... :)

Back