timing chain

CMF_yola

» CMF Member
my 1996 hatch has done 245.000 km without any problems and is hard driven all the time,other than oils, filters and pads&brake shoes all is untouched.I knew that the timing chain is metal and did not worry about it.there is no chain noise at all.but I was told to change it urgently or it will snap.what is your advise on this?????

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
yola WROTE:

"my 1996 hatch has done 245.000 km without any problems and is hard driven all the time,other than oils, filters and pads&brake shoes all is untouched.I knew that the timing chain is metal and did not worry about it.there is no chain noise at all.but I was told to change it urgently or it will snap.what is your advise on this?????

If it snaps, just get a new motor. I'd especially not be worried if the timing chain isn't making any noise. They have been known to snap without warning but it's relatively uncommon. There's micras on here with original motors clocking up 300,000+km without a single change. They're meant to last the life of the motor so again, I wouldn't be too concerned if I were you.

---dens

CMF_1300cc

» CMF Member
this is one of the reasons why i bought a micra which have done 200,000 ks...if its a toyota i wont bother....ive been browsing this site and was amazed with micra still fuel efficient with lots of ks travelled ........more than 300,000 ks.....

CMF_Ando913

» CMF Member
Does anyone have pics of the timing chain and where it is on the engine?(cg13de) Again, I have no idea about cg13's, sorry if this is a stupid question.

Is the chain on the left or right of the engine when looking at it from the front of the car. (Mine just has belts on the left)

Thanks,
Andy.

Back