Timing Chain Kits

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
I recall it taking about 8 hours. Have commented on it in a previous thread. Don't recall taking sump off, just pulley. Check previous posts.
220 is a good price. Whole motor is built by asian machine works or some similar name. Hence the jap sourced parts. The engines are still built by nissan in taiwan. So that could be a cheap source of parts too

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
i just checked on autodata, they have it at 10 hrs, and head removal as well as sump :eek: (tho i remember the nissan technicians getting a bulletin to leave the GA heads on and remove the dowels in the chaincover instead)

frank

Attachments

• 49426.jpg
    49426.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 26

CMF_Red Menace

» CMF Member
I've done it - it took me forever but that's because it was the first major job I did. Unless I'm getting really confused, there's certainly no need to pull the head...? I did have to take the rocker cover and the cams out though. Kits are about £130 over here if my numbers are still correct, albeit not for genuine Nissan which, in almost all cases, cost more than the car is worth in my experience.

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
thats so strange nsm, I was just going to ask you for one if you still had any, just email me costs and I will get the money to you either this wednesday, or next wednesday, but since I'm already buying some cv shafts this week, its probably next week.

Awesome prices by the way. Is there any reasone these chain kits are so cheap? I know nissan overcharges though...

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
It takes about 3hrs to change them also, I can do it for people for $250-300 and frank no sump removal is needed, just get silicone

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
I think last time I did one I didn't need to remove the sump, cause all your doing is replacing the chain, and you remove 2bolts that go into the sump

Back