timing chain dealership fitting charges

CMF_MicraNut

» CMF Member
Hi all,

I just wondered if anyone has had their micras timing chain replaced at a Nissan dealership? If so, how much did it cost? I've read the timing chain article and mine's definitely got a rattling timing chain. Gonna get it replaced ASAP!

CMF_MicraNut

» CMF Member
EVLGTI WROTE:

"Is it the timing chain? I thought mine was rattling but it turned out the top chain guide was worn through. I much less expensive exercise.<BR>

Yeah i'm pretty sure it's the timing chain as i can hear it rattling and have used the support guide on this website to isolate the problem and it definitely is the timing chain that's at fault. I'll get my local nissan dealer to take a look.

CMF_MicraNut

» CMF Member
MicraNut WROTE:

"EVLGTI WROTE:<BR><BR>"Is it the timing chain? I thought mine was rattling but it turned out the top chain guide was worn through. I much less expensive exercise.<BR>"</DIV><BR><BR>Yeah i'm pretty sure it's the timing chain as i can hear it rattling and have used the support guide on this website to isolate the problem and it definitely is the timing chain that's at fault. I'll get my local nissan dealer to take a look.

Got a mechanic where i work to take a look. He said that timing chain rattles a bit on start-up but it mostly dissapears when the engine is hot. He said leave it alone until the rattling gets worse. Could cost me £600 to get it done as it's no easy job! Might just buy a newer car. It's been in the family for 7 years now and has 69,000 miles on the clock. She's been good to me really but i think it's time i traded her in.

CMF_EVLGTI

» CMF Member
damn that expensive, I did mine with the help of a mate(nz_aj) it took most of a day as we took the chains and guides of another motor.
But only cost about NZ$170 including oil and filter.

Back