Timing belt

The belt on the link is the wrong belt, it's the old style square tooth belt for the early models. The super turbo uses the modern (later) parts (89 - 92) because it's based on a facelift model. The ST should use the same belt as the later ma10s, however i would double check with Baz just to be sure. Water pumps are definately the same.

I am not sure that the water pump is the same because the gears that drive the water pump would have to match the cam and timing gear not so? So if the timing gear is square tooth the the water pump required would be the square tooth one and if rounded tooth the water pump would need to match,I could be wrong though will wait to hear watch Baz says.

Round toothed belt lads. Nissan Dealer that trades on here sent me the wrong water pump square tooth simple mistake, needs to be round tooth for both belt and water pump ,good thing you asked the question:grinning:

I got mine from nissan (via japan)....just make sure they have the right part number I guess...

Did you get your rough running sorted?

i m right next to the car, doing the vacuum now, nearly there.
found few broken vacuum lines, one unpluged open vacuum!, one wrong vacuum according to the diagram,
also need spark plugs bp7es (bp5es was in there), new leads.

will start it up soon.

by the way, how did you get that ####### oil filter off???

if you want to pm me your chassis number (starting with ek10) I can look up the correct part number, I have a copy of Nissan FAST.

Back