Time to use the car wash?

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
Well, washed car for first time after Level 3 water restrictions came on a few weeks back. Level 3 means buckets only. Well i reckon i used twice the water i'd use with the hose. You waste sooo much water trying to rinse all the carwash off, its rediculas! I do hope they find a good solution to the water crisis, we are surrounded by water :p Can't comprehend being on 4 or 5 like some shires are.

On another note i found one of our outdoor taps disperses one teaspoon of rust per bucket of water, hah...wont be using that one anymore,

Alex

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Ain't Mr. Beattie going to build a mega dam ??
I see in Perth they are building a desalination plant to supply fresh water.
Its only time before we have nucelar power plants coupled to desalination plants.
One day the politicians will put forward a grand plan to harness the trillions of litres of water that flow out to sea each second in north Australia and pipe it south.Sorry was dreaming.Austrlia suffers from lack of vision where the benefits may be realised in like 20years time but hey that will not get me elected next term will it? Give the people tax cuts now!! Instant gratification and to hell with the future generation.
Raved on a bit there. Sink a bore Alex.I know a place at Maroochydore that is built on sandunes 50 metres from the ocean and they have a bore with unlimited fresh water.
You keep that Micra spic and span mate.

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
Lots of plans for dams up here, dont know if any of them will be built. I think the majority of the public want to explore other options before flooding the place. Like you said, put down a bore or get yourself a small rainwater tank,

Alex

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
micragirl WROTE:

"They sunk the base for a desalinisation plant just off the beach here at Kirra, only to discover that they hit a natural gas vein. So now they're in a quandry as to what to do next. Morons.

gas or water... Water or gas... hmmm.

Which one will equal more money. Probably the most likely deciding question. :p

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
The gas could power a desalination plant.Kirra God that brings back memories. Did not know the name still existed. I wonder where Sue Baldock is these days. Met her on the beach at Kirra , fell in love at the tender age of 16. Sigh!
In my days the rail line ran all the way to Coolangatta. Hop the train at South Brisbane ( for nothing) spend the weekend on the coast, sleeping on the beach or if you got lucky somewhere else.
When 17 meet at the Indooroopilly pub sink a few beers and see who could record the fastest time to the Grand Hotel at Southport in a mix of Mini Coopers, Austin Healy Sprites, Triumph Spitfires,and Ford Cortinas. Do not know how not none of us killed ourselves.
****e we used to leave Brissie and drive to Sydney on a Friday night and be back for work/uni Monday morning.
No radar, breath testing etc. and only time you got booked was if the cop could catch you which was never.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Oh, forgot to mention legal age to drink was 21. Mind you had to register for the draft to fight in Vietnam when 18 but you could not drink/vote. You can understand why my age group were so anti establishment and lived life based on the assumption you would not be around tomorrow.****e every week we were on the streets ptotesting.So all you young people do not think all us oldies led sheltered lives.I reckon we lived in the most turbulent times ever. Vietnam/ cold war,civil rights,( man I can remember when women were not all to drink in a public bar!)and to have a beer on a Sunday you had to drive to a country pub get pissed and drive home. City pubs not allowed to open on a Sunday.How crazy was that?
Still in some ways we had more freedoms than today.

CMF_micrat

» CMF Member
gone are the good old days... quoting dave "No radar, breath testing etc. and only time you got booked was if the cop could catch you which was never" NEVER TRUER WORDS SPOKEN. We can only remember the good days- they are long gone. My first car was a mini 850, slow as hell ( managed to get 95 mile/hour out of it once down a very steep hill),I kept the faithfull 850 though as a second car for a few years to come. My second car was a old ex race car cooper s (race engine, brakes, roll cage etc), it was a genuine 130 mile/hour car that handled like it was on rails. Next I had a very short lived stint with a 5.0 litre calais with afew mods- BORING. The fastest car I have ever been in was next- a 900kg 200+kilowatt rx-3, this car was ballistic, capable of reaching speeds in the high 280kph range frequently. Man I miss this car. It was a long while ago and I have had a few cars since. But sometimes it is good to look back on the good old days.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Okay. My cars. MGTF 1500. Austin Healy. Mini 850. Mini Cooper S.( king **** in that car I was)then got married and along came a Humber Vogue and when the kids started to appear in the cabbage patch a series of station wagons ( Holden, Ford and a Toyota Corona which we kept for 20 years.)
The Cooper S gave me the taste for small fast cars. Bored out to 1310 cc, Webber carb, extractors, flared guards etc. Be worth a mint now.Sky blue with white roof.That I am still around is a miracle.

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Kirra Beach...not a lot has changed. It is one of the few areas of the Gold Coast that hasn't gone crazy with 50 storey high-rises. The only problem there is that they keep pumping sand out of the mouth of the Tweed (so the fishing boats can get in and out) and dumping it off Kirra and Currumbin Alley. This practice has led to the beach being about 400 metres wide to the water edge, and it has altered the famous beach break that Kirra was so well known for all over the world. I used to sunbake there all the time, and surf, but now the sand is too hot to be trekking across to the water, so I usually go to Snapper or the alley nowadays. And yeh, you still see the odd hippy sleeping on the beach under the pandanus palms, hey with the rising cost of rents here I have often considered it myself...lol. Heaps of people have Kombi vans, ideal for camping out, because the parks here have boiling water, showers, barbecues, gazebos and dunnies, and off street parking! What more could a hermit want :p

Attachments

• 18925.jpg
    18925.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 30

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
I know the lure of a car approaching the all conquering Cooper S is one of the attractions of the Micra to me. The closest modern version not costing a squillion dollars that has great tuning potential.

CMF_micrat

» CMF Member
Nissanmania WROTE:

"I know the lure of a car approaching the all conquering Cooper S is one of the attractions of the Micra to me. The closest modern version not costing a squillion dollars that has great tuning potential.

very well said, couldn't have put it better myself.

Attachments

• 18935.jpg
    18935.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 28

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Yep the mini converted me to small cars.I can tell you, looked around long and hard when I decided to relive my youth.Luckily I stumbled across this site and after reading Ciscos experiences with the Micra plus a bit of research I was hooked.
Micagirl you bring back a lot of memories.Gee the Kirra break no more !!

Back