Restore a K11 or buy new car in the future?

Hi all, hope this thread find you well :) .

Now to get to the point, in last March I bought a mint condition, maroon coloured 1995 3-door Micra. Well the engine still runs great but body does have its shortcoming. Well what could I expect from 18 year old micra? Recently I change the front disk brakes, took her to the panel beater to cut out the whole rusted line of the bottom of the car where you can jack it in case of a puncture. This was done on both sides by the way. I also have some rain water leaking problem at the back of the car and the front passenger side where you put your legs. Today my mechanic changed the reverse gear switch. Despite all this I really like the car and it is really fun to drive ( and a bit attached to it since it is my first!).

My question is this: Is it worth it to restore her in the future or is it better to just find a new one when the time comes? I really appreciate your thoughts.

If you really need something reliable to keep you going as a daily driver, you could buy a new car and take your Micra off the road, so you can work on it without worrying about not having something to drive.

Then once the Micra is in tip-top condition, sell the new car and get a bit of your money back for more improvements :D

If you really need something reliable to keep you going as a daily driver, you could buy a new car and take your Micra off the road, so you can work on it without worrying about not having something to drive.

Then once the Micra is in tip-top condition, sell the new car and get a bit of your money back for more improvements :D

Thank you for your reply :)

if you get a newer micra it could have hidden problems that are worse than what you have now im thinking of replacing the front cross member on mine and keeping it doing bits and bobs so the body is nice for a sr20de in a year or 2

Plus all new micras in my opinion are worse. K11 For The Future.
The k12's have a terrible reputation, the garage I use have them in all the time - rarely see's a k 11. Local motor factor told me he only ever sells service parts for k11's - what does that tell you.

You could feasibly transplant the decent engine you already have in to a better condition shell?

I wish, the price for Micra's in Malta is quite over for their age and also there is a limited number to find one. The K11 model seems not to be common as the K12.

Back