time for coilovers

CMF_bourkey

» CMF Member
i need some decent coilovers.i have looked at all the ones available and below are some of the pics of the ones that are on this site.
could anyone who has got any coilovers give me any advice or any information like prices and where to get them from.its very hard to locate micra coilovers.
i have also chosen the wheels i am getting aswell.i cnt decide whether to get them in hyperblack or silver.

Attachments

• 10406.jpg
    10406.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 28

cisco

» CMF Member
You can buy the number 4 ones right now brand new from Japan, off the shelf if you were in Japan or know someone in Japan.

They are called "Earnest Product" made by B-Crews.

If you know someone in Japan, they can order you a set by ringing the store.

They are the ones on my car. Very happy with them indeed. Absolutely great feel to the car now with these. Extremely firm/controlled damping, but still the ability to absorb bumps very nicely. They absorb bumps smoother and more controller than micra adjustable konis on stiff setting, yet the car is lower and doesn't roll as much. Brilliant I reckon.

Standard spring rates are 5kg at the front and 4kg at the rear, they have larger ones in stock on the shelf most of the time, but 5kg/4kg is what I run, and its perfect for the street. The car definately is not harsh/rough.bumpy etc, i.e. I don't hit bumps and cringe..

The upper ball joints in them are a bit stiff, so sometimes the steering has a bit of a memory to it. I.e. if you've taken a very tight turn, it kind of sets the bushes to make the steering pull to the left very slightly. But the next right hand tight turn makes that go away. I asked him about it, its just the way they all are, because of the new much lower geometry and strength of the ball joints required. The factory struts don't have upper ball joints, but the coilovers do so the geometry works. I hardly notice it though, and its only sometimes.

The shocks are the largest diameter of any of the coilovers, they are huge in real life. I think that's why they have so much control even at such low heights. They are about 16 point adjustable I think. I.e. about 16 defined click settings to make them firmer or softer. I only use them on the softest setting, so you could make them very firm if you planned on heading to the track or anything which is a great feature.

They are also totally adjustable in the car, even the shock settings etc. Unlike the micra rear adjustable konis which you need to remove from the car to adjust.

After sales service with B-Crews is second to none also. He will really look after you and answer any questions you may have at a later date.

CMF_micratech

» CMF Member
Hello there!
I have the coilovers on the second picture from the top on my car. They have a racy feel, but are functional for everyday use..

For more information and cost send me a message!

Cheers
Are

CMF_lurch

» CMF Member
Do u have an web site address for b-crew of even e-mail address. How much did the shocks cost u as i'm putting a pulsar turbo engine in, the 1.5 turbo hopfully get about 250bhp from it

cisco

» CMF Member
Approx 2 grand off the shelf, so then plus shipping and plus any import duty you'll have to pay for brining them home.

Cost me approx 3 grand all up in total.

They lower the car by up to 70mm. I've had it on the lowest setting and the car was just DAMN low. It looked awesome.
The steering geometry wasn't ideal at that height, i.e. made it tighter and have more bump steer, but that's to be expected - still wouldn't bother you on the track.

So for the street I have it up a bit higher than that, must be around 50mm lowered all round, and its just great, that fixes the tight steering and bump steer etc.

cisco

» CMF Member
I actually if the claimed 70mm is in practise lower than that.

On the lowest setting it was crazy. Like, really dumped.

CMF_bourkey

» CMF Member
3 GRAND wow. i wuld want them to make my dinner for that. i bet they are good though. i cant afford that at all. micratech, could i have some more information on yours. i would like to spend a considerable amount less than 3 grand.how much can they lower the car by and do they adjust on the car.i like the sound of useable on the public roads as they are pretty crap round me.

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah 3 grand price was ridiculous, just sucks having to pay import duty and shipping etc. I was not happy about it, but thought that I had the chance there and then to get a set and they are top knotch. If I didn't, I would probably never ever find another set without going back to Japan or having a good contact in Taiwan or something etc!

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
a quick question: ive heard that there is NO POINT in getting just the "lowering springs" cause the "standard shock absorbers/dampers (i think)" cant cope with shorter springs so in theory the springs "absorbe more energy (kind of) and so they dont last very long???

and then u end up with a WHEEL INSIDE UR ARCH lol

true, or not true, just the hole COILOVER KITS ar SO more EXSPENSIVE then JUST THE SPRINGS :-(

Thanks

Napster

CMF_bourkey

» CMF Member
im am willing to start a group buy if the price is right. how many people would we need? Also, would you organise it micratech as i would need them to be sent to the uk.i'm really looking forward to getting some now. here are the wheels im fitting at the same time.

Attachments

• 10964.jpg
    10964.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 34

CMF_micratech

» CMF Member
Id say about five people need to be in on it..
About 600GBP I guess..
I cant take on the responsabuility for the order cause I live in another country then you! But I can give you a contactadress,if you send me a email to ( [email protected] ).

But please organise it all before you make contact with the adress I give you, so that the order will go as smooth as posible!

Note that the cost is about 600GBP + shipping split in five ways then.. And dont forget that there will be a tax fee..

Attachments

• 11177.jpg
    11177.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 28

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
I have just noticed that Autobarn stock these coilovers there d2-no7.

Here's a pic of some for a different car. Not sure of price but there ad says from $1,599-2,099.

Attachments

• 11484.jpg
    11484.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 39

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
Those partnumbers are the same as those G-Force ones. Must be rebadged D2's. Interesting thought about using coilovers, you will reduce the unsprung weight by a considerable amount due to their 6061 alloy construction...

Alex

cisco

» CMF Member
Wow that's pretty cool. Yeah their site says they stock them for March k11. Be pretty awesome if you could walk into an autobahn and buy micra k11 coilovers thesedays!

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Just spoke to a guy from Autobarn this afternoon,And he said that just like the whiteline parts they have to ring for information and ordering.

Will here back tomorrow about price.

Does anybody have any experiance with this brand?

Are they good qaulity? I must say the construction of them looks great, But are they any good??

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Sorry my mistake people i contacted Autobarn about the d2's because i was sure i saw them in there ad,But it was www.justjap.com
Anyway Autobarn called back today and said they can get the coilovers for $2500,Shortly before Autobarn rang i had rung just jap and there price for the exact same coilovers was $1650. They are available in street or race aswell

Bloody amazing.

Anyway if anybody is interested you can contact justjap on (02) 9545 0532

Back