Throttlebody ---------------------------

Hi guys, is the 1.3 throttlebody same as the 1.0l, are they all interchangeble, and also fitting 1.6 injectors to a 1.3 make any difference at all? if so where could i get some a set cos i will be fitting my 1.3 engine after christmas, want to get all the gear together!!

Cheers

J

The 1.0/1.3 throttle bodies are exactly the same in every way, with the ga16 injectors you'll need something to sort out fueling problems a fpr or fuel controller

Hi karlj, thanks for your reply back!! appreciated, just wanted to clear something up on the throttlebody and as for the injectors what if i was to fit the injectors as is without the FPR, what would happen, i.e. what problems would i encounter?

Cheers

J

Speaking by what ive read on here.

With GA injectors, youll run rich at low RPMs and lean at high RPMs but supposedly a FPR should sort that out.

my understanding is they overfuel throughout, but mainly at low throttle, but i think it can depend on what ecu you have (my 97 1.0/1.3 vibe ran rough, but the same set of injectors ran fine in eliot,s super s fwn)

ed (fusion) has insisted a couple of times that the k11,s "run in closed loop throughout" so whatever you fit will be over-riden by the lambda feedback (within reason)
and from what i gather from baguete, its very hard to force the ecu into open loop while driving the car
but all this may only apply to the type 4 board ecu,s (the ones that can be fitted with the nistune daughterboard)

Sounds like the early ECU's are more forgiving.I tried the lamda switch that Frank has used on his blue (pre nats) car on my 96 nats car which caused the car to struggle & die.Isolated the battery for a min,removed the wire & it was back to normal again...

I have an FSE Power Boost valve (fuel regulator) proper application and no cheap c r a p p y ebay ones that are floating about which i hear causes fire!! the one i have was hardly used that was bolted to my old BMW but never actually connected up for long, only rolling road session... but as far as i know it should fit most cars and has a PSI guage bolted on giving you the reading of how much pressure your giving, this may be up for sale soon cos i wont be using it!! also will find out first if it will fit the nissan micra then its up for grabs!!!

J

@Eliot and Frank

...if i have a question concerning Eliots Car, should i ask frank or eliot :grinning: (i think frank knows the car better than eliot)

the next days my GA15 TBs will arrive and i am afraid that the engine will run lean on higher revs (if i only fit the GA15 TB and GA16 Airbox with stock inj.)

I was thinking about fitting the GA16 injectors but i read sometimes that this my cause problems on low revs.

Now i notice that eliot fitted the GA16 injectors without any Modifications of the TB (just GA16 Airbox and Frankspeed Mani, or??) and it works fine.

Maybe i should try to fit the GA16 injectors, my car is a 94 Super S(CG13) non NATS.

What do you think??
cheers
monchi

@Eliot and Frank

...if i have a question concerning Eliots Car, should i ask frank or eliot :grinning: (i think frank knows the car better than eliot)

the next days my GA15 TBs will arrive and i am afraid that the engine will run lean on higher revs (if i only fit the GA15 TB and GA16 Airbox with stock inj.)

I was thinking about fitting the GA16 injectors but i read sometimes that this my cause problems on low revs.

Now i notice that eliot fitted the GA16 injectors without any Modifications of the TB (just GA16 Airbox and Frankspeed Mani, or??) and it works fine.

Maybe i should try to fit the GA16 injectors, my car is a 94 Super S(CG13) non NATS.

What do you think??
cheers
monchi

Frank knows my car better than me :grinning:, I have exactly the same year and make as you however there are four different types of ECU? So the injectors work differently depending which one you have? My advice would be fit the injectors and see what happens.

EBB says every k11 he dyno-ed had a different a/f/r graph iirc, so its probably pot luck eh
...ok, than its a russian roulette thing again :suspect:

...but the stock parts are not so expensive so its worth a try.

...i wtb a complete GA16 fuel rail with injectors and regulator. Should i only swap the injectors??

...this is from an european 100NX with GA16DE Engine 102HP
!B2n)Gl!CWk~$(KGrHqMOKkEE)Nz,LymzBMjQjpr,bw~~_12.JPG

GA15 TBs will arrive and i am afraid that the engine will run lean on higher revs (if i only fit the GA15 TB and GA16 Airbox with stock inj.)

the only running issues i've had with the GA15 throttle body (with stock air box and injectors) is at around 6k rpm it feels like it hits a wall and power drops away, now i'm not sure if it's because it isn't getting enough air or my shoddy soldering

What i do know is that i have never thought that it would be possible to tweek the OEM ECU to be able to accept and work with the stuff that i have jiggled to work in the MAxi Micra project.

It is almost certain also that , and i dont know why , not all ECU ( read Micras ) will accept or willingly go along with such cheapo trix as a dual stage FPR and some fiddling with the oem ign signal etc...

The readouts of lots of Micras on the Dynapack`s AFR meter and stand alone AFR meters does also verify this difference in realtime power output and the differents cars acceptance of what you want to do to them and what they will let you do to them.

I have given up on more than one Micra doing the same with ease on both the MAxi And the Micro projects. Just goes to show that you dont ever can say everthing is exactely the same just because someone says they are :)

Back