THROTTLE BODY.......MAYBE

Hi,

New here so please be gentle with me.

Nissan Micra S 1.0 Litre 2000 model (X) 55,000 on the clock.

EML came on and no problems in running etc.
One week later and the problems started!!! :-(
Starts perfect, idles perfect.
Total flat spots, lack of power and juddering while pulling away and driving :-(

I have read many reports about throttle body but they seem to say poor idle and stalling....not had any of these symptoms.

What symptoms would I have if it was one of the individual coil packs failing???

Cheers
CRAIG

Hi,

Replaced the MAF and runs fine......but will not idle!! and light still on....

Should I disconnect battery and re-set it!!

Cheers
CRAIG

I'm having the same issue so advice would be lovely! Uses too much fuel with it off, cheap on eBay but really expensive at euro car parts so don't know to trust the cheapness on eBay because euro car parts are usually cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

Disconnected battery and after re connecting it still would not tick-over.......Took for run, stopped started a few times and now runs like a dream. Starts, ticks over and is 100% perfect :)

Bought from ebay for £21.00 with 12 months warranty!!! Happy Days! :)

Hi,

Disconnected battery and after re connecting it still would not tick-over.......Took for run, stopped started a few times and now runs like a dream. Starts, ticks over and is 100% perfect :)

Bought from ebay for £21.00 with 12 months warranty!!! Happy Days! :)

Hi, My eml light came on last night whilst driving home on the motorway. As it's the first time with it on the m'way thought I'd give a push to see how it coped over 70. So just over 80, then notice light came on after a while. So I don't know if it was the speed that caused the light to come on. But anyway car seems still the same but light is still on, so just wondering what it could be?

Did you get your problem after a while the light came on and would it be likely to be the maf ?? I may try read fault but don't know where the port is?

Thanks in advance

So am I right in thinking that disconnecting the battery will take the eml light out ? Still I'd like to know what caused it to come on in the first place...

Well I replaced the spark plugs today and had the battery disconnected at the same time, so the eml light has gone off. Engine starts slightly better now, looking at the old plugs, it definitely needed changing. Hoping the light doesn't come back now.

Well looks like the eml light has come back on after going on the motorway. Guess I'll have to get the codes read to find out what the problem is....

Back