Throttle body or temp sensor??

My 1litre Lreg micra has just started to idle as though it is on choke all the time, just wondering if any micra boffins on here could point me in the general direction. should i be looking at the temperature sensor or throttle body? can i test either of them to find out which is faulty?

Thanks, Tim

you could check the voltage on the middle wire of the lambda sensor tim (to earth) it should be bouncing at around .4 to .6v (a constant .9v would indicate its not closed looping and running rich)

sorry, me being thick (Brain still in sleep mode). Not checked the voltage yet as i have already taken out the temp sensor. I have checked the spark plugs though and they are black which to me indicates its running rich. I'm going to put it back together and check the voltage.....back in a bit.

I disconnected the lamda and read .9 volts on middle pin which confirms its running rich. Anyway of testing the temperature sensor?

I disconnected the lamda and read .9 volts on middle pin which confirms its running rich. Anyway of testing the temperature sensor?

i think you,re best to leave it connected for the heater wires to heat it up tbh, and had the engine warmed up first ?
the c/t/s should read 2500 ohms @ 20deg c, and 300 ohms @ 80deg c

bump having same problem, on a m reg cg10. when its warm it splutters and trys to stall "sort of" if that makes sense runs like a dream from cold its like chokes permanently on would be great if you could let me know how you get on and what you find timbo will gladly share info with you also,if anybody else could help me. Cheers in advance guys

bump having same problem, on a m reg cg10. when its warm it splutters and trys to stall "sort of" if that makes sense runs like a dream from cold its like chokes permanently on would be great if you could let me know how you get on and what you find timbo will gladly share info with you also,if anybody else could help me. Cheers in advance guys

all is in this thread to rule out 2 sensors
other than that a dodgy distributor maybe does that?

hmm well i have a ga14 that i could rob bits off of maybe swap dizzys and throttle bodies and other bits i know there is some work in swapping the tbs and i have no idea about the dizzies. i also fully intend to fit the tb even if its not broke. how much work would this be ??

hmm well i have a ga14 that i could rob bits off of maybe swap dizzys and throttle bodies and other bits i know there is some work in swapping the tbs and i have no idea about the dizzies. i also fully intend to fit the tb even if its not broke. how much work would this be ??

the t/b footprint is the same, but the idle control valves hit the fuelrail tho chris
and different dizzy fwn

ah right they did look different, tought it would be better to ask incase i was being blonde :p also the spare car has NATS would this affect the swap of the throttle bodie. im sure i have read about people swapping them over so how do they get over the fuel rail problem ?? bodge a remote one?? ill trawl through the internet for more information,also would i need the ecu or anything like that ?? thanks again help is fully appreciated.

ah right they did look different, tought it would be better to ask incase i was being blonde :p also the spare car has NATS would this affect the swap of the throttle bodie. im sure i have read about people swapping them over so how do they get over the fuel rail problem ?? ill trawl through the internet for more information,also would i need the ecu or anything like that ?? thanks again help is fully appreciated.

i cut the idle control valves off and used one for years chris (on LPG) and nats just cuts the injector signal

ahh so nats wont affect it then and i would be able to get away with running a remote one ??? itll be bodge obviously lol. frank you have any pictures would be a great help. cheers again

ahh so nats wont affect it then and i would be able to get away with running a remote one ??? itll be bodge obviously lol. frank you have any pictures would be a great help. cheers again

baguete could,nt get the GA maf to run properly on his nistune iirc, so i would,nt advise using a GA one on petrol tbh, i opted for the SR20 t/b personally, and used a cutoff CG maf

i do have access to a complete engine that starts and runs, could i make one of the two ?? i suppose theres only one way to tell. and why would lpg and petrol make a difference ?? sp it looks like an sr20 t/b is the better option ?? what sorta price we talking out the local scrappy ?? needs to be done the cars running like a bag of nails and would rather fit a lager throttle body tbh. cheers once again buddy.

i do have access to a complete engine that starts and runs, could i make one of the two ?? i suppose theres only one way to tell. and why would lpg and petrol make a difference ?? sp it looks like an sr20 t/b is the better option ?? what sorta price we talking out the local scrappy ?? needs to be done the cars running like a bag of nails and would rather fit a lager throttle body tbh. cheers once again buddy.

my LPG just worked like a carb, so no maf input, and checkout machi san,s recent blog

Back