Throttle Body Or What.....?

Hello fellow Micra Lovers

I've got a lovely Nissan Micra 160 SR (A.K.A Vanessa), but, I'm having some dramatic issues with her at the moment. A couple of months ago she started having problems such as;

1) Cutting out when warn (roughly after 1 minutes of usage)
2) Hesitating When Trying To Accelerating.
3) Spontaneous Surges in acceleration (which I don't mind, I swear sometimes these surges in acceleration feel like they push the car beyond it's normal performance, which in my opinion is a good thing)
4) Don't even think about waiting at traffic lights while nodding your head to your favourite beats, ya know why...? because when idle, it's cut out, and take a few minutes before you can successfully get it running again.
5) Erratic Idling
6) It'll lose power when your foot is buried in the footwell (almost got me killed on the motorway).

Can anybody inform me if there is a quick fix to theses symptoms or is it gonna be a Deathcon 1 situation....?

Searching the vast lands of the internet, I've heard a lot of talk about the throttle body, or timing chain. I'm looking to clean the throttle body out next week (when my socket ratchet arrives). But, I'd just like to know, if anyone has resolved these problems and can definitively say what the issue is....?

Thanks in advance Amigos

@Kenshiro San

I don't know much about K12 tech, but I do love a good witch hunt for car niggles. So here's some ideas:-

Air leak - drawing air in on the intake side
Earth issue - bad earth's can cause the same erratic behaviour you describe.
Fuel starvation - not enough fuel will make the car pretty flat and give occasional surges.

Is the K12 OBD2? If so check for any error codes.

Start with those.

And oh yeah, enhance your calm my friend. ;)

Chris.

Greetings @ cdwood2010

Much appreciated for the advice Sir, I managed to resolve the issue by, taking off the throttle body and giving it a good ol' polish with Carb cleaner, an ol' rag, and a toothbrush. Then I had to re-calibrate/relearn the throttle body when I re-installed it. I mean I really love my car (Vanessa), but, Jheeze Louise the K12's have too many common faults, from; timing chains, dodgy electrics(boot switch), throttle body's, intermittent sensors, the list goes on and on.... But, I guess I'm just happy I've fixed the problem (for now).

I'm gonna be servicing her this week, so I'm quite excited (although I'm a rookie)

Back