Throttle body cleaning??????

hi everyone I have a 2001 K11 1.0L auto (cvt) with 60,000 miles on the clock.
the car has a slight judder at tick over which can be felt through the steering wheel but evens out when on the move.

I have given her a full service which included spark plugs, oil & filter air filter, fuel filter, ATF, power steering fluid and coolant.

I've read about the throttle body on the K11's so my question is........is it worth taking it off and giving it a good clean or am I wasting my time?

thanks everyone

yes its worth giving it a good clean indeed look up throttle body re-soldering and is always worth the go and then look at what-else you can do

it should be the bosch one on that eh (with the removable maf)
i would check for any faultcodes first
does it sound like its running on 3 at idle ?

yes its worth giving it a good clean indeed look up throttle body re-soldering and is always worth the go and then look at what-else you can do

Coilpack engine buddy:grinning: no resoldering possible :p

It would be worth cleaning and if the problem still persists then you can get new MAF sensors from ebay for like £30

thanks for that......not sure about soldering because its the post face lift model but hoping a clean might make a difference?

thanks for relies. The engine management light did come on after the battery was replaced but has now gone off by itself!!!! the engine does sound noisy a bit like a diesel I used to own.....have used some wynns oil treatment so hopefully that will work its way through and quieten her down a bit. Is it easy to remove and clean the throttle body???

I hope the K11's are non-interference?

fat chance of that lol fwn

Attachments

• PICT0337.JPG
    PICT0337.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 479
Back