Throttle Body/carburation issues

I've been looking on the forum for information as to why my micra (1996 1ltr) seems to run a bit flat and hunts badly at 75mph (but will eventually go to 85).
Apparently the 'throttle body' is to blaim. What is the issue with it and if it's a common problem do I have to buy a new one or can it be fixed in the shed?

Bump

I am bumping this post to hopefully help other micra owners with this problem.

I have an issue with the throttle body, and this morning will attempt to repair it using this guide...

http://www.micra.com.au/technical-articles/cg13de-throttle-body-resoldering-guide.php

The symptoms I have include all the above in this guide, such as intermittent stalling when coming to a stop, rough idle (almost stalling, battery light flickers, lights dim internal / external, applying acceleration at idle causes almost stall, occassionally revs range from very low to high to low)

I have checked the common issues, plugs etc etc. I also smell very high fuel emissions occassionally and the plugs indicate rich mixture.

Anywho, hopefully If I get this done tonight, and it is successful I will report back.

Many thanks,

JonnyA.

(P.S: Has anybody else suffered these issues, and successfully repaired?)

Sorry, just to add to this...

I have a 1993 Nissan Micra 1.0l (K11) with 54000 miles.

Jonnya

DAMN!! I think it's the reply I am waiting for in my post :

http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=30784

WOww jonn, if you solve my prob, you'll be worth a million! I shall be giving it a try tomorrow some time!! oh god, hope this solves my problem, I am about to hate my micra, when stalling in traffic .. so embarassing! and feels ####ty too!

I still belive that there's much & MUCH left in my micra as it's still at 46,000 on the clock.. and it starts in half a turn. it's a beautiful ride! Am planning to pimp it out this summer when I get the work van... but depended on this issue being solved as else I'd lose intereest in spending money as it is currently.

cheers !!!!

thanks guys!

Ian - Malta

Did it work for you?

It's worked perfectly for me, such a tiny repair has made such a huge difference.

I URGE you to try it if you have any above issues.

Jonny

Did it work for you?

It's worked perfectly for me, such a tiny repair has made such a huge difference.

I URGE you to try it if you have any above issues.

Jonny

Oh my dear lord!!! my micra back again...no more stalling worries whilst in traffic!!!

this guide solved my problem too, and bte mine's a 95 model just so as the one in the guide...so I thought it's even more likely to be it... even yours if it's of 96 it's close to that manufacturing period...

I am 100% sure THAt no mechanic ever would have ever solved this problem,, oh lord...everyone told me I'd be changing the fuel pump, the throttle or the throttle electronic module.. or even the complete throttle itself.:p

it's been like 4 days now... I totally followed the guide ...kinda nonsense I didn't believe it was gonna work out.. but eventually it seems it did!!! thankyou johnny!!

thanks GUYS!!!(Y)

Back