clarification ga16de throttle body....

me and frank fitted a ga16de throttle body to my micra sr 1996 (i think it is nats as it has nats stickers on the windows/immobiliser etc...)

it ran very lumpy and stalled a lot, remember frank? BECAUSE it did not have the large idle screw as it was the electronic version of the ga16de body.

so i installed the original cg13 throttle body back and the car still idles a little bit ruff and idles high when it warms up in the morning 2,000 rpm.

WHAT i have done is to buy one of shero as his has the idle screw and hope that having the idle screw will make my car when adjusted idle properly and not stall like my old one and Stani done in his blog adjusted the idle screw.

What will having nats do? If i have nats can i put a non nats ecu on my car or what can one do? Or will my car be ok now because i will be having an idle screw on my new ga16de throttle body that i am getting?

Sorry for the long post guys, help is very much appreciated

MICKA (Y)

theres a guide for fitting a ga 16 throttle body aswell ....... but still you have to be a paid member to see it...........

you,re still gonna have no idle control valve tho are,nt you micka (hence the tickover problems)

well the new one that i am getting got the large idle screw, the last one that we fitted had a plastic bung instead, so i should be able to adjust like stani did hey frank?

Attachments

• PICT0010.JPG
    PICT0010.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 3,101
you,ll get a tickover at certain conditions, but nissan fitted an idle control valve for a reason (which is why i had to fit that CG one remotely)
http://www.micra.org.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15074&stc=1&d=1269121812

i remember, but do you recon the idle will be better than the last one frank as it has the idle screw. i remember yours and the way you plumbed the idle control valve seperatly, but wasnt that due to chopping the whole lot out of your ga16de throttle body?

could it not have somthing to do with the fact you are running GA16 injectors over fueling it

i dont know why you even bother its not going to do anything, you dont have any mods to need a bigger voulme of air intake. the CG13 throttle body is more than adaquate!

I have that problem too, its AFR related, just checked it with a Wideband. Very rich mixtures at idle and low load and lean mixtures at full load.

are you running a nats micra?

Yes, but im using NIStune on the ECU, can change the maps. With a stock ECU there is no chance of changing that situation, the K value is way higher than for Pre-Facelifts (248 vs 328), and that causes overfueling at low rpms. But even with Pre-Facelift maps its too rich at low rpms.

I removed the 1.6 TB and put the CG TB back in, way better...

Yes, but im using NIStune on the ECU, can change the maps. With a stock ECU there is no chance of changing that situation, the K value is way higher than for Pre-Facelifts (248 vs 328), and that causes overfueling at low rpms. But even with Pre-Facelift maps its too rich at low rpms.

I removed the 1.6 TB and put the CG TB back in, way better...

cool, i will let you know how i get on too when i fit mine

Back