Throttle body / air mass meter problem

Smc92

Ex. Club Member
My micra stalled twice today when i was idle but then ran as normal after i revved the arse off it but from what i have been reading it could be throttle body failure / air mass meter. Now i have no idea where this is situated but i was just wondering whether it can be fixed without replacing the throttle body / air mass meter or what ever its called. Im getting a haynes manual tomorrow so hopefully it will tell me a bit more about it but i was just mainly wondering if any of you guys have had this problem and how you fixed it and/ or how much it costed.

Thanks a lot guys any help will be muchly appreciated

if its is a t/body with a with a bosch sensor fitted then your "haynes manual " aint gona help un less you can get your hands on a sensor just like the one on its way out, the f****r sits under the air filter and the air filter bolts on top. had to strip mine to get to it not diffcult at all, try the yard for a second hand one you know what things from there are like,i got mine re-cond £268 with 3 year warnt... good luck.

yeah its 95.

My car struggled to start this morning :/ the starter was turning but it didnt seem to be catching the engine, is this related to the same thing or a whole different part?

Well it struggled to start first thing in the morning so it was cold, but it tried to stall when the car was warm i had to keep revs up to stop it stalling

Well it struggled to start first thing in the morning so it was cold, but it tried to stall when the car was warm i had to keep revs up to stop it stalling

if it fast idled ok when cold then the waxstat is working ok.
the stalling when warm could be an idle control valve problem maybe (does it pull ok and drive normally ?)

Well if i set off without revving a lot the car hesitates and nearly stalls, same with reversing, as long as i rev its fine but the car is also using more petrol than it should be and the gas pedal does not seem as responsive anymore and from what i have read it could be a sensor that is out of calibration. I dont know where to find the sensor though and i dont know whether it can be fixed or replaced. Do you know of any guides i could follow to get this fixed?

The thing that puzzles me is why it has not done it more often (touch wood it doesnt) but from what i can gather its definately the idle speed control sensor (or something like that)

Back