Mass Air Flow Sensor Fault

Hi,

I have just brought a 2000 Nissan Micra 1.4 s and had to take it to Nissan for a diagnostic check. It has come back saying its the Mass Air Flow Sensor Fault which needs to be replaced. I have been told that you can change just the sensor and not the whole throttle body which is what Nissan will do. The quote is astronomical and I wondered if anyone knew where I could pick one up cheap? I was told e-bay but I am struggling to find one. Any help very much appreciated.

Being the 1.4, you have a different MAF sensor to the pre 2000 K11s.

You could get one from a scrap yard i suppose. I'm not familiar with the post 2000 K11s and am uncertain if the CG10 and CGA3 use the same throttle body.

I imagine the nissan quote was probably £500 or something ridiculous!!!

I doubt you'll see one come up on ebay though. The problem is, I think that throttle body was only used for two years and will be hard to come by.

keep an eye out on ebay. ask people who are breaking x-reg or later micras, its abit more of a gamble being second hand but its about £70. had to replace one on a late 1.0 ages ago and it look months of looking unfortunatly :(

i replaced a throttle body on my micra and it cost me £20, albeit the £20 went straight into the guy in the scrap yards pocket, but i wasn't to complain!

Back