throttel body air flow repair or replace?

eskimo

Ex. Club Member
is it cheaper to repair and if so can i do it myself or is it not worth it, or is there anyone else who will refurb it on the cheap?

depends what the actual problem is???

as in if it just needs re-soldering?
something has snapped off?? (not likely but expressing ideas)

regarding re-soldering........i would try that....no harm if you have tools etc? u can do it urself with a guide from here!!!!

saves buying one new which is expensive or other option is go to a scrap yard

sorry
napster

thanks Naps,
soory i'm abit of a novice at this, i've just joined, how do i get info on how to solder the air flow....as you advised from this site.
probles: irratic idel even cuts out sometimes however no probles in higher rev range.

thanks Naps,
soory i'm abit of a novice at this, i've just joined, how do i get info on how to solder the air flow....as you advised from this site.
probles: irratic idel even cuts out sometimes however no probles in higher rev range.

is that just from starting up or does it do it all the time even when engine is warm???

you adjusted the throttle cable so its reving abit higher????

right i couldnt find info either, but i do have this guide at home (if i still kept it) so if you want....PM me your email address or leave in this thread....and i will send it when / if i find it later!!!!

napster

Eskimo

Remove the airbox from the throttle body
Remove Throttle Cable
Remove Connector Blocks
Remove coolant hoses
Remove throttle body (4 allen bolts, 1 in each corner), You should be able to salvage the gasket if you're careful.

You'll see a box on the side, use a stanley blade to cut the silicone sealant off, on the right hand side of the PCB (IIRC it could be the left though lol)

But you should see 3 biggish connectors, heat this solder up, and remove it with a solder sucker. Then re-solder these connections.

Re-seal the lid with some new silicone sealant, and re-fit, whilst it's off you may aswell checl the AAC valve (on the front)

unbolt it and check it opens and closes smoothly, and WD-40 it. Also multimeter the connections on the fron pins 2&3 and then do pins 3&4 both should read between 50-100ohms, then re-fit, should take 2 hours max, I can do a throttle body swap in about 30 mins now.

It's not too complex.

Back