air flow

My micra is used for grass track racing and it can get fairly muddy when racing.
Im putting a cone filter straight onto the TB, but this will mean cutting a hole in the bonnet so ill need an air scoop, would the scoop be just as effective if I have it backwards i.e hole at the back (to stop mud colgging the filter)

A m8 told me that the 1.3 distributer is bigger than the 1.0, thus making the 1.0 run quicker - is this true or false.?

also I currently have the limitter taken of the standard 1.0, it revs up to 8000rmp, buts struggles when it get to around 6500-7000revs is this normal.?

My micra is used for grass track racing and it can get fairly muddy when racing.
Im putting a cone filter straight onto the TB, but this will mean cutting a hole in the bonnet so ill need an air scoop, would the scoop be just as effective if I have it backwards i.e hole at the back (to stop mud colgging the filter)
TBH you would be better to get the ga16 airbox (bigger filter) and a larger cold air feed from behind the battery

A m8 told me that the 1.3 distributer is bigger than the 1.0, thus making the 1.0 run quicker - is this true or false.?
I guess you mean TB and no, he is wrong, they are the same.

also I currently have the limitter taken of the standard 1.0, it revs up to 8000rmp, buts struggles when it get to around 6500-7000revs is this normal.?
pretty sure thats not normal, these engines love to rev, what did you do to take the limiter off?

I used to have the air coming from behind the battery but sucked up too much dirt for my liking,

No m8 im on about the distributer, he said it has a bigger shaft or something,

I put tape over the hole on the plate in the distributer.

the dizzy,s are the same smiffy (the 1.0 ecu has more total ignition advance the apparently)
and cant you fit the filter inside the car ? (cooler and dirt free, and very loud :eek:)
and you need cams really to get any power above 7k

Thats were I have it at the moment, but I dont have pipes to connect up the cone filter, so I have to connect straight onto the TB,

is it hard to put in the 1.3 cams.? will the tappets or anything need adjusting.?

the cams are a straight forward swap (there,s been a few threads posted this year covering it), and the clearances are usually within spec, but a decent inlet cam will really help for grassing

exh manifold mods.? what would they be.? I have straight pipe from the 1st cat and drilled out the 1st cat

you can open up the mani to make it flow better, and the downpipe is a 32mm bore peashooter fwn
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCF0342.JPG
    DSCF0342.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 317
Thanks frank,

about 1 of my other questions will putting the air scoop on backwards make any differnce to the air flow to the filter.?

Thanks frank,

about 1 of my other questions will putting the air scoop on backwards make any differnce to the air flow to the filter.?

i guess that would depend on the speed smiffy, it might create a low pressure area at 70mph, but i doubt if it will have any effect at 40 tho

Back