Thinking off getting a nissan micra

Hi everyone new to this forum. I am thinking of buying my first nissan micra. At the moment i am looking at a 1.0 n reg.

So iam wondering is there any signs to look out for when viewing them. Also few things i would like to know.

1) How reliable are these cars.
2) Does it have good fuel consumption on a 1.0 ltr.
3) Are parts cheap to buy.
4) overall how good are these cars

If anyone has more usefull info please let me know. I've been a ford person for some time now and i heared so many good stories with these micras cheers alan.

1. Very reliable
2. Depending on how you drive it around 40-55 mpg.
3. Yep
4. Very lol

Look out for rot in the sills and in the front crossmember mainly.

1. Very reliable
2. Depending on how you drive it around 40-55 mpg.
3. Yep
4. Very lol

Look out for rot in the sills and in the front crossmember mainly.

I've heared so many good things on these cars. At the moment i have a 51 plate fiesta but the tax on it is crazy for a small car lol.

I'd agree with Joe on this one, a few to add though - cheap to buy, cheap to tax, cheap to insure, cheap(ish) to fill up with fuel, good mpg, very reliable, parts are cheap (especially if you keep an eye out on eBay or on here for people selling parts), easy to work on, and overall very good cars. They're fun to drive for what they are (even the 1.0l is nippy, and the 1.3l is like a little rocket), and handle surprisingly well.

Keep an eye out for a few common rust/corrosion spots - front crossmember, sills, arches (both inside the arches and the lip themselves), suspension mounts, and brake mounts. Avoid going for one that has been near the coast. Generally, ones in good condition aren't that hard to find, and you can normally pick a decent one up for £600. There are a few that tend to be high mileage (100,000 miles and above), but keep an eye out and you might find the stereotypical "one elderly lady owner who only drove it to the shops and back" with 40,000 miles, mint bodywork, and an engine that's barely run in - a rare, but prized find these days :laugh:.

Good luck with your search (Y)

Back