Thinking of joining the turbo wagon.....

k11_whore

Steve :)
Well im getting a new car soon if i decide tO take the k11 off the road for turbo setup, i dont want massive power and keep my 1.0l engine in im not fussed about top speed as to many speed cameras here just want quick acceleration, could someone message me a shopping list of a simple setup without major mods costing thousands,will i need a remap aswell? Iv used the search thread and read all your blogs but so many things dont understand? N/A??? I have a friend who would help me fit it, thanks in advance :)

What is it you don't understand?

Main parts are obvious:
Exhaust manifold
Turbo
Down pipe
Induction piping
Oil lines

That's a very basic list and people will probably add more

You'd be best to have it remapped to take full advantage

Quick acceleration? You won't get quick acceleration If you don't use the right set up ie use a T3/4 or something you have loads of lag so no real difference in acceleration till you hit boost which would be very high up due to the small displacement!
I mean this isn't something you can just slap on and instantly have a Ferrari! If you don't know simple terms like NA then you surely don't have a grasp of these very important terms, air/fuel ratios, boost, detonation, lean, rich
I'd suggest before you even think of fitting a turbo you do some research there's plenty of threads on here with turbo projects, and plenty of failed ones that have ended with melted pistons and destroyed engines

Youd be cheaper/easier and be happy with just fitting a cga3 surely. Why go turbo when you only want better accelaration and not silly hp

Quick acceleration? If you don't use the right set up ie use a T3/4 or something you have loads of lag so no real difference in acceleration till you hit boost which would be very high up due to the small displacement!
I mean this isn't something you can just slap on and instantly have a Ferrari! If you don't know simple terms like NA then you surely don't have a grasp of these very important terms, air/fuel ratios, boost, detonation, lean, rich
I'd suggest before you even think of fitting a turbo you do some research there's plenty of threads on here with turbo projects, and plenty of failed ones that have ended with melted pistons and destroyed engines

Melted pistons and destroyed engines are the fun way to do it haha! :grinning:

a small bottle of nitrous might be useful for short bursts of power...safe if you do not cross the limits (me = 2 engines blown - cracked pistons really)

Back