***thinking of geting rid of my car***

lauras_micra

Ex. Club Member
Im thinking of getting rid of my little nissan micra k12 and going for a k11 to save a bit of money as im moving in to my own flat the only problem is my dad doesnt want me to get rid of it !!!

K11 is a good choice, probably better than owning a K12, but as its your car, does it really matter what he thinks? Just go for it if its what you want :)

K11 is a good choice, probably better than owning a K12, but as its your car, does it really matter what he thinks? Just go for it if its what you want :)

Why is K11 a better choice??

I'd keep the K12 any day and cut back or sell other things to make some money.

Unless you dont like the car.

i know every one hate the k12 but i cant see y fair enough they r french which lets it down and the roof is very high but its a bubbley girlie car !!! have u driving one .
arnold!!!

if money is the biggest issue, you do not have much choice really. o_O

the bright side is k11 are very good cars, you're not down grading dont worry.

i know every one hate the k12 but i cant see y fair enough they r french which lets it down and the roof is very high but its a bubbley girlie car !!! have u driving one .
arnold!!!

I haven't, but i havent driven a K11 either so im not bias. I own a K10!! If you want to save money, get one of those lol.

Laura most people comment on their personal thoughts not fact. The only reasons why as I see it you would benefit from selling the K12 for money reasons is chances are youll loose the least in depreciation. The early K11s have lost almost as much as they really will now. If your considering it, just look at what its worth now and what its worth in the future, and then decide if for financial reasons its the right thing to do.

Ignore what anyone says based on what they think it looks like or if "its french" as that really makes no difference to you.

Indeed, however selling it now would probably get you a bit more cash than later on assuming you want to sell it for the maximum amount of money, the k11 is an excellent little car but dont forget there are lots of other good small cars you could choose some of the ep91 toyota starlets are very good cars reliable and very nice to look at, food for thought.

Starlets aren't cheap tho r they :p

Laura, if i were u i'd keep it. If i bought my daughter a car and she wanted to sell it for money i'd b gutted. And sellin it won't save u much in the long run. Ok u may have a few grand to play with at first, but it won't go far. Can't u ask your dad for a little help on the financial side? If he bought u a car, surely he'll help u out in other needs?!. :)

The K12 got 4 Euro NCAP stars. The K11 got two. I take NCAP stats as the leading authority on crash worthiness-and surely it'd be just a bit stupid of Nissan to build a car that has gone backwards in the safety stakes.

What is with all the K12 bashing? I have a feeling it's because most people on this site own K10's or K11's and are jealous they can't afford a K12. If you haven't even driven one, then all the grounds you have for slating it is because "It's French" (yes, certain Renault parts are used but you will struggle to find a manufacturer who DOESN'T share parts nowadays) or that you don't like the looks (that's of course subjective but a bit of a ####y excuse to slate a car).

Laura-I would definately keep the K12. You might well buy a K11 that turns out to be a complete liability.

Well i spoke to my dad last nite about it when we got the car my dad paid for most of it then i got a bit of finance on it as i lost so much on my 54plate kia picanto he has offered to pay the rest of my finance of for my birthday! He also said that it is stronger than the k11 in an accident!! thanks for all the advise though it helps

Yeh saving money by going to an older car isnt always the brightest idea.

Keep the K12 unless it starts to play up and prove unreliable.. :)

Laura, if i were u i'd keep it. If i bought my daughter a car and she wanted to sell it for money i'd b gutted. And sellin it won't save u much in the long run. Ok u may have a few grand to play with at first, but it won't go far. Can't u ask your dad for a little help on the financial side? If he bought u a car, surely he'll help u out in other needs?!. :)

starlets are quite resonable about 1500 for a decent one are you thinking of the starlet turbo?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1997-TOYOTA-S...9QQihZ020QQcategoryZ18290QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

no but in fairness toyota engines are usually better qauility as is their build quality.

my 2 pence worth - selling the k12 would annoy your dad, and the k11 would be a disappointment.
stay as you are, and cut costs elsewhere.

k12 = better performing, safer car.

k11 = better built. more modding options

ie the k12 is a much better car just the interior will fall to bits after about 2 weeks from production...

as for reliabilty, k11 throttle body?? :p

I like the K11's a lot, and I hate the shape of the K12.

HOWEVER, I wouldn't go from owning a new car to a second hand one.

If you want to get a cheaper car, look at options for cheaper new cars, that you can part exchange your K12 for.

The K12 got 4 Euro NCAP stars. The K11 got two. I take NCAP stats as the leading authority on crash worthiness-and surely it'd be just a bit stupid of Nissan to build a car that has gone backwards in the safety stakes.

What is with all the K12 bashing? I have a feeling it's because most people on this site own K10's or K11's and are jealous they can't afford a K12. If you haven't even driven one, then all the grounds you have for slating it is because "It's French" (yes, certain Renault parts are used but you will struggle to find a manufacturer who DOESN'T share parts nowadays) or that you don't like the looks (that's of course subjective but a bit of a ####y excuse to slate a car).

Laura-I would definately keep the K12. You might well buy a K11 that turns out to be a complete liability.

Glad someone said it!

most people on this site own K10's or K11's and are jealous they can't afford a K12.

I did find that quote rather comical!

totally agree alot of manufactures do share parts, but this is the micra we're discussing. Out of the three series of Micra, the K12 is the only one to part share & the majority of people will find the K11 more appealing on the eye.

Your not going to buy a car you hate the look of, so appearance is an important factor.

most people on this site own K10's or K11's and are jealous they can't afford a K12
Many people on this site have multiple K11s and even other cars. Not to mention they amount they spend on their K11 or K10. Also the K11 and K10 are popular 1st cars, and when you have your 1st car 18, 19 20, you probably don't have alot of cash yeh but I'm not jelous of a k12 because... I don't want one lol. Same as I'm not jelous of people with huge expensive Porsche/BMW/Land Rover Trucks, sure they cost alot but who gives a #### I don't want one :).

Back