Thermostat leak.

Hi everyone - I bought a 2004 1.2 Nissan Micra that had be sitting for around 5 years. I changed all the fluids and I changed the coolant and thermostat as well as a precaution. However even since I have changed the thermostat it seems to be leaking from the thermostat housing. I have tried two different thermostats and none of them seem to fit snugly (which is what I think the issue is. I have put sealant around the housing as well to try and stop the issue but still no luck. Does anyone know the best place to get a thermostat? Or why it may still be leaking? I'm at a loss, or any tips on how to do the thermostat as maybe I have done something wrong?

Have a look on auto doc or euro car parts.. Don't know where will be cheapest
Also check the manual pdf for micra you should find that here in the search bar.
Check compatible if it's the right one you have you may be missing something or not seating it properly.
Check part number though and if you can upload a photo.

I got the part from euro car parts, it was quite an easy job. So not sure if I'm missing something. The thermostat has a rubber gasket around it, but other than that there was nothing on the housing so I used sealant. I will have a look for the manual thank you.

Did you clean up the surface well before installing the new gasket.
If it's not perfectly flat that may not help.
Other than that the rtv sealant is required and maybe this needs to skin over before you tighten down the gasket.
Sometimes it can be awkward to work with I experienced this recently with the rocker cover.

Last edited:
Back