Changing Thermostat ?

Hello new on here.My wife has just changed her K11 for a 2003 K12.
The blue temperature light is taking about 6 - 7 miles to go out and I suspect the Thermostat !
I dont have a manual for this car yet, so could anyone give me some 'tips' please.
What do I have to remove for access etc. And will the system need bleeding when I'm done ?
I bought a stat for £6 so so far so good !
Thanks - Mick.

we,ve got very few k12 owners on here mickey i believe, and i,ve not seen anyone post any engine mods/repairs/guides at all :eek:

That's a pity,I'm having trouble getting any info. And I'm not paying £20 for a manual.I'll have to keep checking on ebay.
Thanks Mate - Mick.

I can't really help with your problem, but thought it might worth letting you know you can request your local library to get in a haynes manual, they typically have a few general haynes manuals in stock, but you can request a specific one. ...and hey presto a £20 manual can be borrowed for 50p!

I can't really help with your problem, but thought it might worth letting you know you can request your local library to get in a haynes manual, they typically have a few general haynes manuals in stock, but you can request a specific one. ...and hey presto a £20 manual can be borrowed for 50p!

Thanks for that,I'd forgotten about this post.I got a Manual from ebay for £10. After removing the air filter housing for access, it was a doddle to do,3 bolts and off it came.The old stat. was seized wide open.New one from Motorsave for about a fiver !Now the blue light goes out after about 1 mile,and the heater is fine.
Thanks - Mick.

Back