The weekend

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
This weekend finally had the chance to really get my hands on a car and learn something, Me and Dusk managed to do a full engine swap.

Swapped GB, TB, alternator etc over, refit and test and get fully working, only took 16 hours hahahaha but seeing as was both our first times we did pretty good especially in the cold and dark.

TBH is was really easy as well, simply label every wire and pipe and get that bad boy out, pop in new one and plug everything in, even started first time so we're proud.

Even had a visit from my policeman as working on a car at 1am sunday morning is suspicious!

i'm impressed, it would take me a month to swap an engine lol, but then i don't have an engine hoist hahaha

i bet the police we checking that it was your car and you wern't just nicking the engine.. enigne theft is all too common these days lol

gary, you should of txt me at 1am instead of 2.30am when id just got in from been on the town lol waking me up, i had to be in work at 6.30am

i bet one of your neighbours rang the police! its a rough area you live in(joking) and two blokes working on a car at 1am would of looked dodgey, you could of been making a car bomb to park in deeplish!

Unmarked cop car, they were driving past then reversed back, acted like right nobs they did, got no problem if they wanted ID and checks etc but just gave us stupid chatter.

Nex - A hoist is an essential for swapping engine, make sure you label every piep and cable and you'll be fine, 2 people doing is good idea, 3 getting engine ina nd out is good idea.

Hughes - your engines next.

Anyone know where to get a cheap timing chain, fancy trying to change chain on old engine

so Goldstar and Dusk are qualified to do engine swaps now lol...

thats great guys wish i had the confidence... wanna 1.3 in mine...

how d'ya get on with driveshafts etc??? easy peasy???

by the way was it a 1.3??

Yeah man, where are the pics?
It was easy - just like i said, gary was being abit negative about the whole thing :p

Mean micra - the engine was a 1.3 swapped with a 1.3 - as the timing chain had gone - dirveshafts were the easiest bit.

well i still have my sr20det convertion in mind but no cash :(

do you know how much a hoist is to buy?

now all i need is a garage lol :)

u can hire them pretty cheap but if u r doing an sr20det then i would suggest you would be better off buying one perhaps.
think raceworx told me they were like £20 for a weekend to hire

Driveshafts are like lego! Dusk did have to buy a 30mm socket though.
I was a little negative but seing as it weren't my car what did I have to lose?

Now we've done one should be loads easier to do another.
(hummmmm......1.6)

As for the DET, defo buy one, you'll have to do so much test fitting.

haha yea i can see my car on ramps for months!! but i am going to get the suspention and brakes sorted posiblely an independent suspention upgrade..

that's looking at about 5k for custom disks all round, coilovers and braces. Then i need to start thinking about the engine...
which will probably be some where about 14k with some help from norris designs who are just down the road ;)
need a set of custom manifolds to make it fit... and paint it red lol

so i'm along way off needing an engine hoist hahaha

goldstar0011 said:
Now we've done one should be loads easier to do another.
(hummmmm......1.6)

QUOTE]

hmmmmm,,,,,pulling hair,headaches,throwing hammers,

good luck and hav fun :D

Back