The Super Twins

porkpie700

Buy & Sell Member
I said i would put up some photos of the super twins, and here they are...

34298_411878654871_839509871_4225668_5093123_n.jpg

34298_411878649871_839509871_4225667_7568796_n.jpg

34298_411878669871_839509871_4225671_6595904_n.jpg

34298_411878664871_839509871_4225670_4930000_n.jpg

34298_411878674871_839509871_4225672_2331448_n.jpg

34298_411878679871_839509871_4225673_1586429_n.jpg

AAA!!! i would recognise the 'monster machine' anywhere :D whats happened to the march ST mirrors, also does the super s still have the Super Turbo gauges i left in :D looked ace last year at JAE and glad the bodywork still looks A1

AAA!!! i would recognise the 'monster machine' anywhere :D whats happened to the march ST mirrors, also does the super s still have the Super Turbo gauges i left in :D looked ace last year at JAE and glad the bodywork still looks A1

The mirrors are off untill i can figure out a way to fix the drivers side one, it was flopping around when i got the car so i assume it was hit by something at some point. The interior is all super washed and clean with the gauges, which all work now i might add. We wired the boost gauge up the the boost sensor lol.
The complete front-end has had a re-spray as the bonnet and wing were an eyesore, all the welding has been done and everything behind the kit is coated in underseal. As a... mild precaution, we stripped it out and filled the cills and everything else with waxoyl, let it set, then filled it some more :laugh:

sounds like its coming along nicely, thats one thing i couldnt do was wire up the boost sensor to that damn gauge was a nightmare, shame about the mirrors as i was planning on wiring them up too as they are electric, but the ST hogged a lot of my wealth

boost sensor? has one of them an ma09ert in there?

No bro, the super s has a standard ecc ma12 1.2 and part of that set-up is a boost sensor, so the ecu knows how much load the engine is under. But on the topic of performance, the GS Special will put that Super S to shame all day long :grinning:

so what extra do you get with a super model? From what i see, its just spoiler, colour coded bumper and arch extensions. Are there any improvements underneath?

so what extra do you get with a super model? From what i see, its just spoiler, colour coded bumper and arch extensions. Are there any improvements underneath?

Colour coded bumpers? Dude they're different bumpers altogether. The super s is a sports pack model just the same as vauxhalls have the sxi versions, still the same cars just with extras that you don't get elsewhere in the range. The interior is totally different and of course the body kits look nice. But if someone was looking for a performance micra then you go for the top of range version; the super turbo. Super s models have a cool factor because first off they look sweet and second they're very rare, in fact k10's in general, especially ones in good condition are becomming rare nower days. Beside that, only one of those cars is a genuine super s, the other is a 1.2 non-cat gs special, and yes that one does have improvements underneath :)

Colour coded bumpers? Dude they're different bumpers altogether. The super s is a sports pack model just the same as vauxhalls have the sxi versions, still the same cars just with extras that you don't get elsewhere in the range. The interior is totally different and of course the body kits look nice. But if someone was looking for a performance micra then you go for the top of range version; the super turbo. Super s models have a cool factor because first off they look sweet and second they're very rare, in fact k10's in general, especially ones in good condition are becomming rare nower days. Beside that, only one of those cars is a genuine super s, the other is a 1.2 non-cat gs special, and yes that one does have improvements underneath :)
they are rare in UK? come to germany :D we have enough

they are rare in UK? come to germany :D we have enough

Really? I didn't think many would survive all this time with all the strict emissions laws over there. But it's good to hear that there are still plenty around. A lot of uk micras were destroyed when the stupid scrappage scheme was operating here, i even saw a perfect mk2 golf gti get taken in for scrappage, people are crazy!!!!

Really? I didn't think many would survive all this time with all the strict emissions laws over there. But it's good to hear that there are still plenty around. A lot of uk micras were destroyed when the stupid scrappage scheme was operating here, i even saw a perfect mk2 golf gti get taken in for scrappage, people are crazy!!!!

yep i saw a trashed black super s down here one weekend next weekend was a cube! :(

Shame about the super s, but as for the cubes... they're just nasty. The only good thing they have going for them is the k11 engine they use but even that has been spoiled, they stuck the nasty ncvt box on it. :sick:

Shame about the super s, but as for the cubes... they're just nasty. The only good thing they have going for them is the k11 engine they use but even that has been spoiled, they stuck the nasty ncvt box on it. :sick:

yeah i meant it was cubed! but yeah i see what you mean those cubes are nasty, only K10 / K11 for me... don't fancy myself a K12/K13/CUBE/PIXO etc.
puke.gif
puke.gif
puke.gif

I won't say too much about the k12 (don't want to upset anyone :wasntme:) but they basically are just a cleo in a chicken suit.
As for all the other nissults, oops i mean renans, oh bother i've gotten confused :laugh: french pottys on wheels lol.
How are you getting on with your SS anyway?

SS is still off the road wish I had taken your advice earlier lol but I am determined to get it going again so not to worry it's keeping cozy in the garage. :)

SS is still off the road wish I had taken your advice earlier lol but I am determined to get it going again so not to worry it's keeping cozy in the garage. :)

It's a shame you didn't live local, i'd have had that little ###### sorted and running in about 5mins lol.
Huh, i can't say bu99er?

I don't doubt it either! But still good to learn these things for future :)
And yeah that's a seriously offensive word :p

How are you getting on with that other super s you were meant to have bought recently mr shaf? Have you got it recovered yet? It was a bargan price too i hear :laugh:

If you see another one or any k10s down this way let me know please!

You evil vulture lol. What are after dude? Stick up a wanted ad, you never know what people have kicking around. It's a tradgic waste when someone has loads of great parts laying around for ages and then they just bin em all instead of putting em up for sale first. :glare:

Selling? that Super S got completely stipped at the end of last year, the other one is currently having it's bodywork done ready to be resprayed soon i hope.

They look so mint mate, I want the one on the left in the top photo. Wouldn't mind a K10 :grinning::grinning:

You evil vulture lol. What are after dude? Stick up a wanted ad, you never know what people have kicking around. It's a tradgic waste when someone has loads of great parts laying around for ages and then they just bin em all instead of putting em up for sale

Body panels from a white k10. If there's ever a super tho I'd make a trip to pinch some goodies.

They should be available in all good auto factors and car accessory shops for £14 - £18, and are made by "ring automotive".
It tells you the size on the box but they are 176mm wide by 92mm high by 82mm deep. You can get larger ones of round ones if you prefer, but these are as close to the origional SS fogs as you can get without paying silly money. (Y)

Back