Another Super Cluster Question

CMF_Azza (2)

» CMF Member
i did a search and couldn't really find what i was looking for so i though i would just ask

i got a super s cluster out of a 95 super s and want to put it in my 96 LX Micra and from what i have read they are meant to be plug and play correct me if im wrong ?

i plugged it in and every thing but the taco works ...

so my question is do i need to run a wire from the ECU to the cluster and if so from where on the ECU to where on the Cluster ?

thanks for all you help ....

CMF_Doom

» CMF Member
If it is a series two, they don't work without running a new wire for the tacho.
We couldn't be bothered doing it from the ecu,we just ran a separate wire straight from the dizzy to the tacho plug.we had to source another little pin from another plug as there was not a spare one to use in the plug, but there was a spot for it

CMF_Azza (2)

» CMF Member
Doom WROTE:

"If it is a series two, they don't work without running a new wire for the tacho.

We couldn't be bothered doing it from the ecu,we just ran a separate wire straight from the dizzy to the tacho plug.we had to source another little pin from another plug as there was not a spare one to use in the plug, but there was a spot for it

yes mine is a series 2.. is it the blue wire on the dizzy ? i would rather run it from the ecu but where abouts on the back of the cluster do i need to run it too ?

frank2 WROTE:

"you probably need the missing short jump wire down by the ecu azza (mine was the same)

there,s a detailed thread on MSC (seb and porkpie)

would you be able to post the link up or give me some more details please ?

CMF_Azza (2)

» CMF Member
\

thanks for that ... would help if the pictures worked but i should be able to work it out from the write up thanks again

Back