The K12 Timing belt lowdown??

Hey guys
great forum, newbie here
Iam looking for a k12 Auto but am concerned about the issue with the timing chain stretching...i know i know, iam sure you are all bored to death about reading these types of questions, but i have done a forum search and some info is conflicing so i was hoping one of you clever peeps could clear it all up;

1. Which models / engine sizes are affected?
2. what age is affected?
3. what reg did it get sorted on?
4. how much is the timing chain kit (and what comes with it)?

phew loads of questions there!
Iam sorry to go on about timing chains but hopefully no one will need to ask again after this

I'm in the same boat mj.
I was wondering if all k12 micras affected or is it just the luck of the draw?
Mine is running like a dream at 44000 miles and no sign of the dreaded rattle.
I'm gonna keep the oil changed regularly to try and prolong its life as I heard this helps.

Hi by the way,only just joined myself:)

as far as im aware its the 1.2 petrol engines. And it generally causes bad running or non starting and comes up with cam sensor codes

it was the CR,s (1.0/1.2/1.4) and QG,s eh (loads of threads on almera club too) and the chain does,nt get slack enough to rattle, it flags up sensor sync codes long before that

it's an inverted tooth design, supposed to be quieter running. The problems occur with models up to 2006, faulty batch usually fails with poor oil....so regular changes may help. Later models should be OK, but who knows...

Regular oil changes made for no difference in mine. Changed oil/filter every 5000km with a top quality synthetic and still have the noise.
Currently 156000 km and sounding like a chaff cutter at idle.

Back