the dreaded MOT

Shero

Ex. Club Member
So going about my usall falkirk cruise bussiness got pulled by the wonderful traffic cops and there sidekick mr VOSA. this was last week. Now I know whatever they find is only a good thing as its obviously not safe but its still a pain.

problems _ front drivers spring had snapped :D
_sidelights were out (was a joke so i could have the fogs on and look low n mean and forgot to put them back in again! lol :D)
_Drivers CV gaiter perrisehd.

so I fixed it all which im chuffed about, alothough I now sit -35mm at the rear and what looks like +60mm at the front :D

anyway, the micras back to standard now and feels so heavy with the interior back in. but because the vosa man said the snapped spring was a baaaad thing :D:D:D, he banned the micra from the road untill i get a new MOT, so gunna book it tomorrow and hope all goes well. but if that bloody cross member ruins it for me ill be ragin! lol.

bad times mate, mine expires next week :( Still got to change my exhaust, wiper linkage, seatbelt buckle and headlight allignment!

nah, was good fun. late nites in the garage wit ma mates n ma dad, and I realised how easy things can be if you just learn yourself, I mean i paid a garage £70 to fit my springs last year, and just realised im a idiot because there so simple to do.
so it was all guud fun. and its all cleaned up and loooking good, its just annoying working on a car your not keeping. lol

:D
well I hope we both fly through it.lol.

even when i had my standard micra i still hated the MOT for some reason, probably because i dont like spending money :D but thats just me all over and by my recent financial problems thats not a bad thing :D

good luck with the MOT im sure it will flyyyy through be positive :D

steve

nail on the head!! :D

just wish i owned a garage and i could do it myself :D

yeh, just send to the printer and sing the sheet! lol

Its hard to be positive with the absolute joke of a crossmember mr nissan gave us all. :p

but can only wait n see.

cheers for the hope btw :D

mot's are a joke anyway, i mean it only has to be at that standard for one day a year, how daft is that, for all they know they cann pass me, and ill be straight home to bolt the straight thru exaust and a set of race slicks on the car! lol. :D crazzzy people!

So going about my usall falkirk cruise bussiness got pulled by the wonderful traffic cops and there sidekick mr VOSA. this was last week. Now I know whatever they find is only a good thing as its obviously not safe but its still a pain.

problems _ front drivers spring had snapped :D
_sidelights were out (was a joke so i could have the fogs on and look low n mean and forgot to put them back in again! lol :D)
_Drivers CV gaiter perrisehd.

so I fixed it all which im chuffed about, alothough I now sit -35mm at the rear and what looks like +60mm at the front :D

anyway, the micras back to standard now and feels so heavy with the interior back in. but because the vosa man said the snapped spring was a baaaad thing :D:D:D, he banned the micra from the road untill i get a new MOT, so gunna book it tomorrow and hope all goes well. but if that bloody cross member ruins it for me ill be ragin! lol.

http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=30108

Please see point 2.

Yeah i see your point from that respect. But without them. Lot's of people who are not mechanicaly minded would be driving around all day, with all sorts of dangerous problems. Rotting floor pans. Bad emissions. Snapped springs. People may say they are a pain, but they are good to keep the pure PoS cars off the roads. Or get them worked on to a better standard (in theory).

gotta get mine through as soon as i sort my insurance out...which should be fun, considering it cant go back to standard lol.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! IT PASSED, NO PROBLEMS ATALL!!!! YEEEHHHHH

Micra on the road tonite people! :D:D:D
REMOVED
Years MOT though :D lol.

awww, I got that last year, was all the inspiration i needed to order my toyos! lol :D

Yeh, im well cuffed, BTW, why did the thig I said about selling it get takn off??? im not actually trying to sell it just now, im just letting people know. :S

Sisters failed today.

Drivers gaitor perished (What's up with these?)
Drivers tyre worn out
Welding, says near suspension mount, but the guy pointed to it under the sill.

the gaitors are pretty rubbish mate, lol, I hated when they told me I needed welding in my last few MOT's it was the sills I needed welded the last time, rust seems to love to eat away there. :D

Back