that nut on the front suspension

grip the strut with something big iirc. Don't nissan have a special tool for this? Obivously no chance of getting one though.

On the top of the strut are 2 flat pieces. This allows for either some grips or a spanner to hold onto the shock. Then use a 17mm spanner to undo the nut at the top of the shock.

I guess this is what you mean, your question is somewhat vague

On the top of the strut are 2 flat pieces. This allows for either some grips or a spanner to hold onto the shock. Then use a 17mm spanner to undo the nut at the top of the shock.

I guess this is what you mean, your question is somewhat vague

is there! where abouts? i tried holding the nut with a spanner and turning the nut, however I couldn't grip the nut as its set too deep....

also its a 14mm nut on mine?

The actual threaded bar that the nut is on should have to two flats at the top, you need to hold it still them undo the nut.

you'll need a ring spanner...like these: Spanners

if you cant get at the nut, while gripping the flats..

lol, ok

guessing you're stripping the suspension down (selling springs, shocks seperate), cos you dont need to touch that nut if youre just removing them as a unit...also i wouldnt do it attached to the car / without spring compressors cos the springs may try and leave rather quickly.

lol funny you should say that chris but my dad (being the mister no it all) thought he knew better than me when i snapped a strut we went to buy a new shock and started to take the old strut apart to get the spring off and my dad decided to take the bottom nut off from inside the shock so as it got towards the end it shot off across a busy street and burried its self into a wall at the same time a woman was walking past walking her dog so she is lucky she never got hit with it

Back