Temp Gauges on Micra! Different on 1.0 and 1.2's?

pietro

Ex. Club Member
I understand the Micra had two temp gauges. 1 for the fan located on the radiator (which works as my fan comes on) and one for the dials indicator located on the engine (somewhere). This dial indicator is now giving me high readings since my engine change and I was wondering if that is because there is a difference between the 1.0 and 1.2 engines temp sensors?

Advice appreciated.

since you have got alot done to your engine i recommend you get it rolling roaded and setup up professionally as the engine might be running lean (Dangerous) which is making the temp go up

also 1.0 and 1.2 radiators are different so if you have a 1.0 rad get it changed to a 1.2

yes but the ma12 rad is bigger as it holds more coolant and peitro is running slightly more power than ur ss so a ma12 rad will help a little,

a ma12 rad holds nearly half a litre more coolant than a ma10 rad so the ma12 rad is better.

marks k10 ss did this running hot temps stuff and i suspected it was down to it running lean so peitro get it setup on a rr

SS gauges read differently to the other gauges. its quire normal for it to read upto 3/4 at times

Thanks slim thats what I thought. So I wont worry anoything up to 3/4 temp then >>can anyone confirm this also just to be 100% sure?

Fordy my carbs were rolling road setup already on my old (non race) engine.

The carbs need setting up again, and when they are right they need to be left alone. (stop playing with the fuel pressure!!)

well then you will need to get them setup again peitro as the engine is wanting more fuel than the old engine so the carbs tuning is wrong,

in short, the carbs setup has to match the engine

Of course, I know an excellent guy who charges £150 - he does many twin webers and deals with many old fords. I will go to him when funds allow!

Back