Cooling system on k10 1.2

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
Hi

on my 1.2 if i go out for a long drive and come to a stop the temperature gauge goes up from a constant half to just over three quarters and there is a strong smell of boiling coolant, i had a split radiator hose which i replaced when this happened once, i have noticed though that the radiator fan NEVER comes on when its HOT as in almost to the H mark

do i need a new temp sensor?

or do i need a new thermostat or both?

cheers

steve

sounds like yoour thermostat is working....(while moving..high radiator air flow results in good cooling)...but possibly, yes, when stationary, no fan so heat rises.......cold be a few things

sensor
fan
wiring

??

try disconnecting the fan and slapping a momentary 12v across it to eliminatre a fan fault?

all the connectors are connected, i have wired the fan direct to the battery and that works ok, i have also bridged the connections on the temp sensor at the bottom of the radiator and that starts the fan, i think this might be at fault as the live going into the temp sensor and fan is working. i just now dont know where i would get one, scappys no good ive looked :(

Back