Tarted the Cam Covers Up a Bit

Bought a spare cam cover at the scrapyard and had it bead blasted. A little metal primer, a good coating of Nissan green/blue and two weeks of curing in the garage. I also replaced the screws with socket head cap screws and will replace the black ones with stainless as soon as I can locate some. Used the original gasket and so far no leaks.

S

Attachments

• IMG_0376.JPG
    IMG_0376.JPG
    638.1 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0383.JPG
    IMG_0383.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0384.JPG
    IMG_0384.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0385.JPG
    IMG_0385.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 283
Where did you get the bolts from, that is something I am looking ast fdoing in the near future...

I bought the bolts from a local motor factors, but they only had the black ones. You might find the stainless ones by looking in your trusty Yellow Pages under Fixings & Fastenings or Bolt & Nut Stockists. Incidentally, the Nissan engineers probably went with screws rather than a bolt to keep someone from stripping the threads or warping the cover by tightening down on them too much. Haynes says 2 lbf ft of torque for the cam cover screws which really isn't that much. You don't need a half inch drive ratchet or a torque wrench. Follow the sequence for loosening/tightening the screws as in the Haynes manual also.

The paint isn't wrinkled but the cover was slightly pitted, as most of them are, so the finish isn't that slick. Better than before, however.

S

looking good mate, i would like to do that too, but 1 i can't keep my engine clean, and 2 i dont think i could put my kind of green onto the cam and keep it on there

some boso desided to paint mine with caliper paint.......with a brush.....and a realy realy bad brush too... ended up looking worse than it did all pitted and grotty...lol

time for a strip and powder coat me thinks..

but nice colour dude

very nice fella. Think they should be a common mod now. I got mine from Mean Micra a while ago and just fitted it sunday.

Red with Metal Flake in it. looks ace when sun shines on it (when i doing servicing etc)

Attachments

• DSC09453.JPG
    DSC09453.JPG
    306.1 KB · Views: 144
  • DSC09459.JPG
    DSC09459.JPG
    354.9 KB · Views: 152
R05_Micra said:
you have ery wrinlely skin

lol thats a glove he has to save his hands gettin oily - hehe we get slagged at work if we put gloves on - what kinda mechanic dont wanna get his hands dirty!

Daz :alien:

Never said I was a mechanic but I do have a wife and she wouldn't like me putting my greasy paws on her, if you get my drift. Bet your lady feels the same way.

S

sorry m8 that wasnt pointed at you - thats wat gets said to us when we put gloves on at work - personally i dont wear them, they are useless you cant feel nothing and you cant grip nothing..at the end of the day my hands arent dirty we got really good soap at work for taking it all off then i come home for a shower then deal with the missus :p hehe

No offense taken. When I did a little mechanics work, the gloves weren't available. The only people that wore rubber gloves were surgeons and (just guessing!) deviants. I could never get my hands thoroughly clean at lunch time and grew quite addicted to the piquant tang of fossil fuel on my tuna fish sandwiches.

S

Back