Tapping, knocking, LOUD

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
Went to see a Red K11 today with 66k on the clock. Straight body work etc. In the add, it said there was an unknown fault with the engine. Upon start up, it knocked really loudly, and there was a bit of oil around the plugs. It sounded very near the cam shaft, the top end, not the bottom. I think it may be piston rings, is this an easy fix?
Car was offered to me for £175..

Hrm, how much are we talking for a different engine? still a CG10DE, but, working..

Right, sorry for doubling posting, but I need to call the guy in the morning, is it worth it, buying it and putting a reconditioned engine in?
looking at this "http://www.idealengines.co.uk" for the source of the CG10DE. Should I be looking at something else?

I'd walk away, if its your first car you want to enjoy it not need to swap engines
Is a good point. Just hard to find one with actual decent body work. Saw four today, that was the only straight car :l
... I'll go look at your wheels again...

Personally id go for the good one with ****ed engine. While were running out of good ones! Its alot more work and money to make one look good then swap an engine over

Micras aren't exactly a rare breed so no real need to rush and buy the first one you see

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

I want to do it, I have 8 months and three days before I need the car, to learn to drive in it. Need to trailer it home though :') that engine is junk :l

Back