talktalk router anyone any good with them :/

Had new router thought today, and connect it up, and the wifi work on my phone my tablet, etc, but will not work on my laptop frying my brain fp. It will connect to the router but not the internet, im confused and have no more ideas any help would be cool:) cheers guys and girls

type ip number in url ? got to be the laptop ip as every item has its own number
their you,l find setting ,, i think you may have to reduce the mega bit per second

Age and make & model of laptop? You haven't actually confirmed if it's a wireless card or if the wireless is built into the laptop.

If it's not even working wired it sounds like it could possibly have a static IP set.

If it's connecting to the router fine but not the internet then it can't be a driver issue.

Change your setting from static to DHCP.

But if you want static check your default gateway is correct.

If it's connecting to the router fine but not the internet then it can't be a driver issue.

Yes it can. If a router uses WPA2 and the laptop doesn't, then it will see the router and try to connect but may fail at the obtaining IP address stage, or will just say limited but no connectivity as it hasn't managed to negotiate the connection correctly.

Yes it can. If a router uses WPA2 and the laptop doesn't, then it will see the router and try to connect but may fail at the obtaining IP address stage, or will just say limited but no connectivity as it hasn't managed to negotiate the connection correctly.
That could be a software issue provided by the manufacturer but if the laptop can see the router and actively try to connect, I'd say the driver was working okay.

A "driver update" could fix the problem because they're usually coupled with the software to manage the wireless connections.

But anyway, change the router from "WPA2" to "WPA/WPA2 mixed".
Or if you're not too bothered about security, change the security to WEP

If changing to WEP works, you can set MAC address filtering to 'on'. You just plug the IP addresses of anything you want to connect wirelessly into the router and it only lets those devices, and not your neighbours etc, access your wifi. Not foolproof but pretty good :).

That could be a software issue provided by the manufacturer but if the laptop can see the router and actively try to connect, I'd say the driver was working okay.

A "driver update" could fix the problem because they're usually coupled with the software to manage the wireless connections.

But anyway, change the router from "WPA2" to "WPA/WPA2 mixed".
Or if you're not too bothered about security, change the security to WEP

I've seen this happen with the built in software that the O/S uses, no third party software involved.

Back