Torrent/Router/Download help

B

Ben

Just me again with computer problems. I have a netgear router set up on my main pc downstairs and use my laptop to download stuff. However the download speed is attrocious and read that if i change the port settings can get it to like 250kbps and ive had a fiddle on the router settings and set up the torrent service but cant get it to be the selected one if u know what i mean, anyone any ideas?

Ive got a router connected to a PC in another room upstairs, internet access on my laptop from my room is fine. However when i take the laptop down stairs and try to use the internet, it is so slow. like 3mbps!

Swallow said:
My point being that your unlikely going to get high speed access from a long distance in the house, due to obstacles such as walls and doors.

makes no difference, its to do with ports n all that lark, its alright...i managed to suss it out without ur ingenius input.

Swallow said:
My point being that your unlikely going to get high speed access from a long distance in the house, due to obstacles such as walls and doors.

Thats correct, for best connection the route should be clear obviusly...

But I dont personaly feel thats the problem effecting his conection...

Big_Ben do NOT be so rude to other posters on here. You have been told this already on many occasions.

Apologies to swallow if i seemed a tad rude, ben - i appreciateyou were only trying to help cheers

thats the problem with using text. You may type it as sarcasam, you know it is, no problems there, but this is text after all. It's impossible to tell people's tone, wether sarcastic or angry or whatever. So anything that may sarcastic to you, could be taken as rude or outright offensive to tohers.

Good to hear you solved it ben

Ive just got one of these wireless thingys and setting it up was a nightmare! PC hardware sometimes is unfortunately. :doh:

Back