tacho and other gauges!

CMF_bethpegs

» CMF Member
I have yet another question!!

Ok, so i'm after a tacho, but my mechanic thinks the best way would be to either:

1) replace the already existing stuff (with speedo, temp gauge, fuel) and replace it with one with a tacho included.

or

2) get a separate gauge- cluster- with some other things int it - so tacho, air temp, oil. kinda thing.

If i pick option 1, where can i find a new one? any other cars i can get them from?

or option 2, do these cluster gauges come with such things?

any other ideas?

thanks again!!!!

beth

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
The tacho clusters are rare to find. You see them very occasionally going for sale but there are so few Super S cars in aus that unless one comes up just as you're looking for one, you might be waiting quite a while.

Refer to ebay for individual tachos or complete gauge sets.

---dens

smidge

» CMF Member
i been thinking about this too... there really isn't any decent places to drill holes in the dash to install one seperate... im not a fan of a pillar mount gauages as they are thief bait.....

i've given up on the idea of a super S tacho cluster unless i can find a jap sepc one and rewire it

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
One of my cars has gauges mounted on the left of the main dasboard. As Brendon says, I have boost,tach and oil pressure.

I have a Nismo white faced gauge cluster. Seems the same as a Super S one except for color. So I am guessing it's japspec.. Does anyone know if it requires rewiring to work?

Mychael

CMF_JKL

» CMF Member
Im off to Rocket Industries tomorrow to solve this one. I posted a few weeks ago asking about the Taco clusters but no luck. Ive been checking out Yahoo Japan for a while too... Nothing.
Looks like its a dash or pillar mount set up for me.

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
or u could look at something like the acewell series of LCD gauges that replace the whole thing.... normally used for motorbikes but would be v suitable, even has a fuel gauge, speedo, tacho with shift light, trip, odo etc. all for about $400 from memory.... just mount it ifront of everything....its that small.... check it out, I think I'll be getting one after all the other stuff is done. another idea is to use something like the Shift-I system.... www.ecliptech.com.au, I plan to use both, eventually

Back