switches

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
Hi guys I need help, I keep indicating with my wipers, this is to say the stalks are the wrong way round (the indicator is on the right). is there any way I can swap them over to stop the confusion?
thnx in advance

dont bother imo, you'll get use to it, i drive around in modern cars with switches the normal way around all day and when i get into my car i dont get confused at all

Hi guys I need help, I keep indicating with my wipers, this is to say the stalks are the wrong way round (the indicator is on the right). is there any way I can swap them over to stop the confusion?
thnx in advance

They're better that way round! You can operate the indicators whilst doing gear changes at the same time. Handy for roundabouts and other situations!

They're better that way round! You can operate the indicators whilst doing gear changes at the same time. Handy for roundabouts and other situations!

hehe, ive had so many comments by friends watching me drive like "haha, lazy man indicator stalks..."

the indicator stalk is the correct side for a right hand drive car, most jap and british cars have them on the right for the reasons arnold said.

how can that be annoying? the jap way is the most sensible way as as Arnold's said you can indicate and change gear at the same time much safer if you ask me all my jap cars have been that way the other way looks like a muppet thought it up lol

Yes but that's just because you have driven European influenced cars, which have now had their way and everything is backwards for the British motorist! i.e. Cost cutting for the manufacturers!

+MODIFICATION BANTER:

I wonder if the switches can be swapped over (swap sides)..the indicator would work the same but he wipers would work 'opposite' ...if the combination switches were swappable....I think the wiring looms would be long enough (maybe with a couple of ty-raps snipped....lol)

+ROAD SAFETY BANTER:

Either way, controls are controls and whether it be bike car tractor or otherwise you should identify where the controls are and use them when necessary....

....not jut rely in auto-indicating anywhere and everywhere with the subconccious brain-stem

It's this kind of subconscious that checks the mirrors or main carriage ways but doesnt "SEE" the cyclist, motorcyclist or pedestrian ....BANG!!! a life changing experience for all parties concerned!!

THINK ABOUT THIS EVEYONE

Check out http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=14275

i was gunna jus swap em but then i realised the light switches would be backwards, ill just have to get used to it

It was a joke, of course i indicate otherwise there would be a good chance of me being dead by now, meh it seemed funny at the time.

As someone else said, the european cars are the opposite way round, so not sure if the euro K10's would be opposite too? If you could get hold of a set of stalks from one of them & change it over, along with the wiring then you might be ok!

Back