Swaybar

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Well today with the help of Alex B (or should I say I sat back and supervised - i swear I'll do it myself next time.. just had to let alex show me how to do it!) I fitted up his apparently 'borked' swaybar to the rear of charlotte.

First impressions:-

alex: "Oh my god, it fits with minimal pain!?!?!"
Me: "mmmm shiney"

Problems encountered. Either the swaybar has been manufactured incorrectly or it is 100% true and just not sitting quite right because I'm currently using the standard panhard rod.

It wasnt really a problem previously but I see now that I really have to buy one.

Anyway it is currently on soft settings and at first I really coudln't tell the difference. However I do have a few things I need to fix up and install before I can give a PROPER opinion on the change in handling dynamics of the Micra. Keep in mind I also have power steering which makes a HUUUUUUUGE difference to how hard and fast you can push the car...

But ignoring that, I immediately noticed the difference in the stability of the car at 60km/hr. Much more stable at 110km/hr too.

As it is I feel and hear my swaybar sliding away and making a nice DONG noise (through the cabin on right hand turns as it hits the lower trailing arm on the left hand side) quite happily when I fang into a corner.

So what am I searching for now? Adjustable rear panhard rod and swaybar locking kit.

Until then I won't comment if I think it is a worthy upgrade for the price whiteline ask.

Stay tuned...

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
haha, making tunes in the back hey. Definatly been mis-manufactured. Was worth a try anyway. i reckon you could get away with just the locking kit and panhard rod, fit panhard first and move axel across, then align bar as best can do then fit locking kit up,

enjoy the rear end tunes,

Alex

Back