Swaping from 1L to 1,3L

As long as your swapping dizzy engine for dizzy engine its all the same just switched the ecu. It will run but runs better on the right ecu. You swapping the gearbox? To keep it simple I'd stay with the box that's there :)

was thinking about buying an engine with gearbox, wiering and ecu of ebay, and try to make an engine with around 150-160 hp without forced induction ;)

Cool make your you get the correct drive shafts as they differ with what year the box is. Also you will need the 1.3 gear linkages. The loom will be the same the ecu will be different as in the map.

what about the ignition barrel? i thought the key was specific to the ECU and immobiliser. i've been thinking about this conversion for a while now.

hmmm, but if i install the nistune board and whit the cabel and software, wont i be able to program a new key on the ecu or ist the nistune board only for ecu mapping?

so what i wil need for the convertion is: Engine with gear box, gear linkages and driveshafts, ecu, and get the key reprogramed or get e new key programed at my nissan dealers workshop or a free standing workshop?

Hi, im a newby Micra 2001 K11 1.0 owner from Hungary. Just bought the car some weeks ago. Already bought two complete 1.3 engine with gearbox, wiring loom. Next week i'll buy the driveshafts and the gearbox linkages. Planning to change the engine to 1.3 . my quiestion would be that should i change the complete wiring loom? The current engine is the 1.0 with the ignition transformer on each of the sparkplugs. The 1.3 engine coming from a 2000 and a 2001 Micra. Im not sure about the wiring loom, some says it don't needed to be changed, some says it must be changed. If yes, should i change all the wiring loom, including from the inside of the car, or i should change only just the part in the engine bay? Also my 1.0 engine consumes way more fuel, its about 25 mpg in town, and the idle is dropping, and the engine studdering during driving. Just changed the MAF sensor for a new one, the studdering gone, but the idle is still wrong.

Hi, im a newby Micra 2001 K11 1.0 owner from Hungary. Just bought the car some weeks ago. Already bought two complete 1.3 engine with gearbox, wiring loom. Next week i'll buy the driveshafts and the gearbox linkages. Planning to change the engine to 1.3 . my quiestion would be that should i change the complete wiring loom? The current engine is the 1.0 with the ignition transformer on each of the sparkplugs. The 1.3 engine coming from a 2000 and a 2001 Micra. Im not sure about the wiring loom, some says it don't needed to be changed, some says it must be changed. If yes, should i change all the wiring loom, including from the inside of the car, or i should change only just the part in the engine bay? Also my 1.0 engine consumes way more fuel, its about 25 mpg in town, and the idle is dropping, and the engine studdering during driving. Just changed the MAF sensor for a new one, the studdering gone, but the idle is still wrong.
you wont need the shafts or gearchange sandor, and has the new engine got coil-over-plug ?

you wont need the shafts or gearchange sandor, and has the new engine got coil-over-plug ?

I have a friend here who already swapped his engine from 1.0 to 1.3, but thats a 94' K11, he had to change the shafts and the gear linkages. My car has the engine with the coil over plug. Thats why im not sure if the wiring loom is compatible with the 1.3 engine.

Back