SWAP: SR20 for a modified 1.3

ignore the title engine is now up for sale £110 picked up from anglesey / ll77 7ez.

engine has done a genuine 96,000 miles.. colour of innards is black BUT the person who removed it (Jimmy, a respected and knowladgable primera/ sr20ve finatic) said it's only the colour that looks bad. Cams do not have much scoring at all, so all in good condition.

Comes with gearbox and radiator, also the ECU and the wiring harness that goes from the engine to the ECU.

Reason for selling is i want to get a new dizzy cap, sparks, ht leads etc for the micra :)

Martin's right, I saw a low mileage 1.3 engine with a straight through exhaust system, R1 carbs, lightened flywheel, ported/skimmed head, and re-profiled cams go for £1200 on eBay a few months ago. Surely it'll be cheaper to have the SR20 fitted, not to mention you'll see bigger gains?

It certainly seems that way, looking at a few of the SR20 build threads - particularly mov's build thread. I think he's seen 160ish bhp from his. Some people have achieved a lot more than that for not much money (Y)

lol well with this SR20 its gonna have an ASP budget header, JWT S4 cams, G-spec pulleys and UR underdrive pulleys and a few more bits... this will be roughly 200bhp with a nistune setup, will also have an LSD gearbox, good with with the SR20's is I know my way around them. I have no idea how to work on a CG engine, or what is available etc.

Then go with SR20, if you know what your way around them :grinning:. And 200bhp is pretty good - you'd probably only see figures like that on a CG if you boosted. But yeah, rally spec or just modded CG13s in general sell for quite a lot

i think you,re gonna need deep pockets for either option john :eek: ,and then you lose a fortune when you try to sell it ( a recent green one springs to mind)

:wasntme::doh:

True Frank, I knew it was gonna cost a few pennies for the sr20 conversion... but am suprised with the price of the modified 1.3's... and imo if both of them cost a lot of money then the 2.0 is more convenient :)

Also then, when I'm done with this I can transfer the parts over to my P10 Primera :)

no, a lime green sr20 k11 lol dan :)

Ah right, I thought that was aimed at me :laugh:. Because even though it wasn't an SR20 or fitted with a heavily modified engine, I still lost a lot of money. So I can only imagine what it would have been like if I had gone through with the 1.3 bike carb conversion fwn

Frank is right - heavily modified cars just don't sell well - people buying cars with the intention of modifying them or having a modified car in general prefer to do the work themselves so they know what sort of job has been done. So it would have to go back to standard (or at least not that heavily modified), which would be costly and time consuming as well

lol well with this SR20 its gonna have an ASP budget header, JWT S4 cams, G-spec pulleys and UR underdrive pulleys and a few more bits... this will be roughly 200bhp with a nistune setup, will also have an LSD gearbox, good with with the SR20's is I know my way around them. I have no idea how to work on a CG engine, or what is available etc.

180ish... 200 is not easy to get

back up for sale as i want to get the starter system completley replaced on the micra... so the engine is up for £110 picked up but this time you bring your own rocker cover as im keeping the red one :)

Back