Suspension and brakes

CMF_RedRacer

» CMF Member
I am contemplating the idea of three prospective configurations of suspension; swaybars + coilovers, swaybars + struts/springs from KYB and eibach respectivley or just getting the full gear from whiteline. Hmmm... decisions decisions.... performance on the road & weekend track work is in mind. Can people provide some feedback on their current suspension setup? if so, on what tyres/ wheel size?

I bought a pair of AD18V calipers today, uhh very intresting.. quite of rust seemed to have built up in the cylinder and the rubbers are all hard - looks like a rebuild is in order: worth it?..or should i just buy some newish n15 calipers?... or some nice 4 pot alcons..hehe droool =D~

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Coilovers will set you back minimum of around $2500 landed (VERY MINIMUM)

Honestly though, you're way better off getting the entire Whiteline kit as its all perfectly matched to work together. Not only that.. but with only 51kw@w the Whiteline kit shaved over 3 sec off my lap time at Wakefield Park.

Its also very good for the street as well, sharp and responsive, but still absorbs the bumps rather nicely.

Unless you're going to be on the track more than the road I'd highly recommend ditching the coilover idea

Sean

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
as for the brakes, its most likely just surface rust.

How much did you pay for them?

You need get a brake place to pull them apart and see if they can be rebuilt. If you have any surface rust inside the cylinder or the piston is rusting you may as well toss them and buy another set (depending on the cost of new pistons of course).

Back