supercharger on cvt?

cvt's don't really keep up with a standard 1.3... my one only had 35k on the clock and one granny driver... so the cvt box was fresh still put your foot down in this and it really does not keep up.

not sure i understood: the cvt on a 1997 k11 is not enough just for a standard cg13? i do not think that nissan would match an undersized transmission...

anyway, later model k11 has different cvt ?

not sure i understood: the cvt on a 1997 k11 is not enough just for a standard cg13? i do not think that nissan would match an undersized transmission..
anyway, later model k11 has different cvt ?

Ok, maybe I should of said this better. its not designed for speed, it is designed for the easy driving of the vehicle. So there is a lot of slip in the belt version...takes a while for the box's belt to catch up to match the fly wheel speed if that makes sense.

You are correct Nissan would not match an undersize transmission, the automatic was not designed for boy racers in mind. So add a super charger and I think you may have some problems...I have thought about it myself :D got a little 93 N-CVT myself. lovely little thing.

You want to add performance to the car...change it to manual first. You would waste the performance of a super charger on an automatic.

But, I would give you rep for doing it to an auto :D

ok, now it's more clear (sorry for my poor english)
i know that this is an insane idea, and so first of all i asked if it is possible or if the transmission will explode ^^

a more reasonable idea is a "soft tuning", but i'm not sure about some modifications: for example, a bigger airbox with a bmc/k&n filter, the throttle body from a ga15 engine, removal of first cat and a fuel pressure regulator can give some improvement, especially at low rpm range? you can do these modification without touching the ECU?

Fair. but I think they are only a problem when they go wrong. The belt just wouldnt keep up with the load.Might be alright actually if you took alot of weight out the car though!

While i've only driven a faulty (eary type) cvt that slipped like mad, while it took off pretty quick when it was inbetween being faulty im not sure how much a working one could handle a supercharger. It would probably be pretty awesome if it could having never to come off the accelerator.

Tbh theres only one way to really find out. ;)

While i've only driven a faulty (eary type) cvt that slipped like mad, while it took off pretty quick when it was inbetween being faulty im not sure how much a working one could handle a supercharger. It would probably be pretty awesome if it could having never to come off the accelerator.

Tbh theres only one way to really find out. ;)
Don't start this mate, I will have to turbo the other micra now...

Back