Mini Cooper s supercharger on micra

Hi guys i read an article recently where a supercharger from an new mini cooper s kit had been fitted to a moris minor, the article said that the engines capacity was the same as the minis (1.3) so the supercharger should work with the correct tuning applied, would this supercharger be suitable to fit to a k11 engine??

I have one Eaton M45 waiting to be fitted, just need some more parts for the engine. Only next year i will start that project, meanwhile i have other stuff to mess around...

You just need to have some more pulleys to make it work the right way (otherwise it will work the wrong way, air coming out of the intake side and air going in on the exhaust side, but i was told that it work almost the same either way), i will try to take some pics for you to see.

Yes the M45 charger would be suitable for the micra engine. It will need to be custom mounted and in line with other pulleys. Do you know the parts you need for this conversion mate. They are a fair size mind you but the micra bay does have quite a lot of space considering how small they are. I was going to perform a conversion with the M45 onto a 2.0 8v vauxhall engine thiss year but did not get around to it so im still gathering parts to do it one day. If you need parts list etc im sure we can all help you out

:grinning:

They are. I've been thinking about SCing my Micra as well :grinning:.

Yes but he does state it was fitted to a morris minor, with the older 1300 mini engines, just used the charger from a newer mini cooper s. I bet a micra would be rapid with a SC bolted to it, no lag just up and go and in a car that weighs quite little

:grinning:

I have a SC calculator, using the max SC revs (14.000rpm) on a 1.3, it will produce 1.4bar, enough for 200hp... Just dont know the SC efficiency at higher rpm's, but i believe its very low...

I have a SC calculator, using the max SC revs (14.000rpm) on a 1.3, it will produce 1.4bar, enough for 200hp... Just dont know the SC efficiency at higher rpm's, but i believe its very low...

That sounds very good then. I would also imagine it be lower at the upper half of the range. Going to have a nose around on solarice blog now

Back