super s dial fitment probs

O

ohc_turbo

got my super s dials today off of mark, whooo thanks mark, better late than never

having a bit of trouble getting them to work though.

the plugs are diffrent on the back, well one is, the other i got a plug down the scrapper off a L micra and retro fitted the corresponding plugs in, everything is working apart from the rev counter which is not moving??

there are two wire comming out the rear of the cluster near the speedo connector, where do these go to ive tryed these on the coil with no avail?

is there any way i can hard wire the rev counter in as i do not have the corresponding loom anyway.

im pretty sure these two wires have something to do with it but unsure

Help

There is a guide in the K10 DIY Forums, but I've just realised you won't be able to see it as you aren't an official member.

Ignore the speedo sensor, it only works on the K10s with the ECC system (Super S).

You need to trace one of the wires on the circuit board on the back of the dials to the tacho in and wire that up to the coil.

If you had dials with a clock, it is the same pin as the clock's 12V had.

I'm not great at explaining it though, the guide in the DIY section helps ;)

Hope this helps,
James

top man james, i think i get it now you said it to me, there are three wire going to tacho, one is earth which will be already plugged in one will be the positive feed to the clock which need to be taken off and spliced into the coil - lead and one must be something else

ill have a go

im trying to hook up the speed sensor to the coil, whoops, it was sparking quite well lol

Ahh i only had mine off this afternoon, if only i'd seen this earlier, i'd have taken pictures!

ohc_turbo said:
top man james, i think i get it now you said it to me, there are three wire going to tacho, one is earth which will be already plugged in one will be the positive feed to the clock which need to be taken off and spliced into the coil - lead and one must be something else

ill have a go

im trying to hook up the speed sensor to the coil, whoops, it was sparking quite well lol
lol oopsie!

Yeah the 3 wires are:
-ve (should already be there)
+ve 12v (should already be there)
coil

all sorted now, cheers lads, been finding out that i havent been revving it up as much as i should have been, it sounds a bit wrong at 6000 though, and also ive found out it hasnt got a rev limiter and rev it to 8000 by mistake, opps

Glad you got them working OHC, 8000rpm is not good lol. Mines got a rev limiter set at 6200rpm thankfully

8000 lmao, even im not silly enough to do that! I read on here that some guy pushed his to that and it died two weeks later

Anyway, glad its working. You may need to get the dial calibrated. When i fitted mine, it wasnt accurate at all but soon got Ed to sort that out :D

Back