super charger dash light

linz0577

Ex. Club Member
ok lads any idear which wire on the ecu makes the green light on the dash for the sc come on as it don't work anymore checked the bulb and its fine ... cheers john

ok lads any idear which wire on the ecu makes the green light on the dash for the sc come on as it don't work anymore checked the bulb and its fine ... cheers john

Have you the pin out for the ecu John, Did I send it to you?

yer i have a drawing of the ecu wiring layout probably me be thick but can't work out which one it is is it the sc relay wire ? just thought it might splice it to this wire?

ok lads in the gauge pod there is 2 wires that come out the back to make the sc light work its a yellow wire and a black wire managed to trace them to under the steering wheel where it looks like they join the loom and go back through the fire wall..

any idears where they go before i rip the dash out all i want do is a circult test on them to make sure the wires are not broken somewhere down the line. thanks lads really appreciate it if someone knows where these wires end up at so i can put my meter on them. save me a big job...

ok this the the layout i got but no pics mate ...

> 3: output of airflow meter
> 4: ground of airflow meter
> 5: sensor, water temp
> 6: sensor, oxygen
> 7: sensor, throttle
> 8: ground
> 9: sensor, crank 180 degree signal
> 10: sensor, crank 1 degree signal
> 12: check signal
> 13: monitor & check lump, red
> 14: monitor & check lump, green
> 15: air flow meter, signal of CO
> 18: ground
> 19: sensor, crank 180 degree signal
> 20: sensor, crank 1 degree signal
> 21: speed sensor
> 22: throttle valve switch (idle switch)
> 23: key switch (start signal)
> 24: blower fan switch
> 25: key switch (ignition signal) م€€
> 26: power for sensors
> 27: power for crank signal sensors
> 28: ground for control unit
> 29: ON signal of air-conditioning
> 32: power for throttle valve switch
> 33: reverse lump switch
> 35: power for control unit
> 36: ground for control unit
> 37: ignition transistor
> 39: revolution signal
> 40: ECCS relay
> 42: ground for ignition signal
> 44: rear defogger switch
> 45: head lump switch
> 46: electric fan thermo switch
> 47: idle up solenoid
> 48: ground for ignition signal
> 101: injector No.1
> 102: bypass valve solenoid
> 103: injector No.3
> 104: relay, fuel pump
> 105: solenoid, stopper valve
> 106: solenoid, vacuum tank
> 107: ground for injector
> 108: ground for injector
> 110: injector No.2
> 111: relay, super charger
> 112: injector No.4
> 113: solenoid, vacuum control valve
> 116: ground for injectors

based on the above "111: relay, super charger"

theres 2 options i read that the supercharger is powered via a relay. so either the light is powered from the ecu pinout (doubtfull imo) or it is powered by the relay (the most likely option imo). check on the relay to see if any of the wire colours are the same as the on on the bulb.

but without the actual wiring diagram its hard to say.

no it does not go to the relay there are 4 yellow wires in there but with other coulors with the the yellow.. i'll keep looking got to find them might be a dash out job not looking forward to it but need to trace them and get it working again. cause i like it to be wright.thanks for your help anyway mate.. any other idears lads????

ok this is what i have found the yellow wire is sending constant 15v to the bulb the black wire is like a switchable earth which is not working.
if i put a constant earth to the body the light comes on and stays on there for i need a switchable earth any idears lads..

i dunno if this helps mate but if you splice off the two wires that physically connect to the supercharger it has the same effect as running the light

so if you get really stuck you could just run two new wires from there

Thats very strange When superls mentioned the relay I thought it might have been that I have a few spare s/c relays , I could have posted one over,Hope you get it sorted man

nar it dont work off the sc wires either tried to wire it to the bulb from the sc connector and it did not light up at all and made the sc sound like a cow falling off a cliff sort of a long cow noise:laugh:

i know its something to do with the ecu but think im gonna give up untill i go and see ed again. he knows what he's doing. i'll pay him to do it his brain is bigger than mine.:laugh:

the light works on 12 volts right? i'd hate to think you've gone to all this trouble and the lights farked

yer the lights 12v with the car running iv'e got 15v going to it on the yellow wire the black wire is a switchable earth thats not switching for some reson hence the lights not switching on and off... but i cut the black wire just to see if it made a difference to try a tell if the black wire was broken down the loom somewhere or not. it made a difference it made the sc sound like a cow falling off a cliff again so now i know the black wires not broken anywhere. it has to the in the ecu.
gonna get cambelt done by ed anyway so i'll pay him i give up on this 1 don't like being beat but when i start messing with things i know nothing about thats when you ###### things up and can make what was a little problem into a big 1. cheers for all your help on this though lads.

Back