Engine Check Light?

Hi all, sorry to join this forum and start asking questions straight away. I apologise in advance for my incorrect terminology but should our Super S have an engine managment light? I ask the question because after reading the Haynes manual there is reference to watching the dash light flash in order to paper-clip the ECU to read off any stored fault codes? The electrical diagram shows a green/orange wire going to the check light on the dash but i cant seem to see it? I've noticed several empty bulb-holders in the cluster and i was concerned that a previous owner may have removed the bulb!? My interest in this is purely my intrigue at the moment but i was just hoping to learn a little more about the car incase of any future problems. The car is an L plate 1.3 super s

Many thanks

1.3GX

Ex. Club Member
i think only the micra's that are fitted with nats from dec 95 onwards have the engine check light, i could be wrong though.

OP
OP
M
Thanks for the info mate, does this mean that i could use the red LED on the ECU (if it exists without NATS?) to read off any fault codes?

MSG2

Deactivated Account
i think only the micra's that are fitted with nats from dec 95 onwards have the engine check light, i could be wrong though.

Do you mean by Nats as the satelite navigation system screen which also acts like a fault code warning system?