Suggestions for legally moving a sorn car?

Ok, i have another car lined up for while i offroad the micra for a full repair!

However the other car is not being used, and sorn, its in the same place where i live, i just need to move it to my house!

Can anyone fill me in with suggestions to legally move the sorn car so i can prep it for MOT and tax?

Cheers
Migs.

has it got any bald tyres?
how much works involved do it at the location
book into mot,drive their once insured

Get it booked in for an MOT and drive it there, as long as you are going to a prearranged test and you are insured you can drive without tax

just make sure it ain't miles away, You may get into trouble if it is

Tyres might be ok, its been sat a long time, and i think 3 months since its last start.

Condition in general, im unable to comment, 70k miles on it, offroaded because it was having stalling issues.

Probably rust areas need sorting, but generally it seems in good nick,

Probably gone off fuel in it though, wants its filters doing, a good oil and rust convert with stone chip stuff would help.

And gota check all the suspension and steering component.

And can the brakes sieze too?

You can either put it on the back of a recovery truck or you can tow it using a rigid towing pole/bar.
If you use a rigid towing pole instead of a rope, the vehicle on tow is classed as a trailer and exempt from needing tax, mot or insurance. You do need to have "vehicle on tow" and "vehicle towing" signs on each car, it may not be required by law but it looks better if you do.
I have brought a car back from bristol to wakefield this way, another back from suffolk and another back from hull. Passed the cops every time and they never batted an eyelid at us.
BTW it is illeagal to tow with a rope on a motorway, it has to be a rigid bar for the motorways.
Hope this helps dude (Y)

You can either put it on the back of a recovery truck or you can tow it using a rigid towing pole/bar.
If you use a rigid towing pole instead of a rope, the vehicle on tow is classed as a trailer and exempt from needing tax, mot or insurance. You do need to have "vehicle on tow" and "vehicle towing" signs on each car, it may not be required by law but it looks better if you do.
I have brought a car back from bristol to wakefield this way, another back from suffolk and another back from hull. Passed the cops every time and they never batted an eyelid at us.
BTW it is illeagal to tow with a rope on a motorway, it has to be a rigid bar for the motorways.
Hope this helps dude (Y)

Mate your a legend (Y)

I thought that rigid tow bar would allow me to do this and with the sign too! and now its confirmed! :)

I'l show you the car when its up here, although some of you may not like it haha.

+1 to rigid towbar, I towed a 405 from Kent to Sussex on a rigid tow bar to get a new engine fitted when it had no tax or MOT and the police didn't bat an eyelid either!

Back