Looking for a new car.

M

m1ck97

I think its about time to start looking for a new car. I've had my micra for a year, and its getting beyond a joke. Several dents in (yes one was my fault) but the others certainly were not. So I'm planning on getting it through its MOT and taxing it, then looking at selling it.

I currently think I have 2k-2.5k to buy a new car. But still unsure on what a good deal is or a bad deal.

I am probably going to move away from the Micra, maybe look at a Astra, 206, 106. Not really sure of anything else. Looking at a 1.3-1.6 nothing faster due to insurance costs.

Any ideas.

tommo said:
starlet turbo

coming in cheap enough now, only a 1.3 and plenty quick

that word puts about £400 if not more on depending on his age n NCB wanted naigh on £3k for me on one! try a god 2nd hand focus zetec there bigger comfyer and quick!

Arnold said:
Buy a K12!

Not a fan mate! Dont mind them but wouldnt buy one. The ones owned by people in the club look smart, I just dont like them stock, but I cant afford to modify it as yet.

I've just had a noticed a nice fiesta and focus. Reasonably priced. Might have a look this weekend.

hmm im getting 2k on insurance for them focus's.

bear in mind I've had 1 claim in the last 1 year (2 weeks after I passed my driving test). Bumps it up £700!!!!

It was a stupid mistake, on my first car a week after getting it. Only been driving a week properly. Yet that one silly mistake costs me £700 :(

Any recommendations of insurance companies to try?

edit: Just been quoted for the zetec £1600, not too bad compared to the others

Back