Sub problem

Hi guys, re-fiited my sub today after removing it from the micra a couple of months back. Powers up okay however there is no sound from it, just fuzzles a bit and gets louder when you expect bass however you can only hear it if you put your head next to the speaker. Fitted all exactly the same and worked fine.
Anybody got any ideas isbthe speaker dead? Kinda what im expecting haha
Cheers

How is it wired? Using pre-outs from headunit or tapped into rear speakers? Has its own amp? Check your gain, check your fader settings also, check you have turned on the subwoofer function on the headunit.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I wanted to keep the original headunit so I bought an adapter that taps into the rear speaker lines at the headunit that gives me my preouts, my gain and fader settings were unchanged but tried altering them to no difference. Its a Fli sub and amp box. Ive got my 12v feed from battery that runs through the firewall with some other wiring and then routed down the side of the car with the standard wiring, the remote wire runs from the adapter to a rocker switch in the glovebox then with the original wiring to the boot same with my rca lines. The earth I have used the rear seat bolts as I was getting a good earth from it.

Weird, as you are getting sound through it suggests its working but not being amplified. I would D/C the rear speakers from the connection block in the back, fade full to the rear, wack up the Gain, turn it up!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back